Last updated on October 13, 2020 by The Counselor
Remote working is not for everyone. But all of us here who have tried and succeeded with remote working will never go back to regular 9-to-5 work because there’s nothing quite like the freedom to work in a distraction-free and supportive environment
Are you a people-person with a passion for design? Do you love helping people learn and become better designers? If this sounds like you, read on to discover a role that will help you use your skills and passions to improve lives!
We’re looking for a Community Ambassador to help us on our mission to become the world’s best and most recognized design school. At Interaction Design Foundation (IxDF), we’ve already helped over 90,000 graduates to improve their skill sets and careers—but we’re just getting started! Our ever-growing community now needs passionate ambassadors who will drive, shape and grow the conversation around great design everywhere.
This role is integral to our identity and our mission to democratize design education because we are not just a learning platform—we’re the largest community for designers and design enthusiasts in the world. As a Community Ambassador, you will represent this massive community and be responsible for its growth.
What you will be doing
- Share engaging educational content with our online audience of over 750,000 people
- Further, refine social media strategy for the Interaction Design Foundation and its network of publications
- Meaningfully engage and converse with our social media audience each day
- Contribute to discussions in forums about design
- Form partnerships with influential blogs and individuals who could become advocates for our community and our content
- Help our online audience find the resources they need from our vast library of courses and open-source literature
- Optimize and perfect every element of how we engage with our online audience, from the copy in our social media posts to the tools and processes we use to maintain conversations with our users
- You have several years’ experience as a community manager on social media
- You are well versed with the unique nuances and technical capabilities of commonly used social media platforms
- You are a convincing and compelling communicator who can advocate effectively
- You are a great conversationalist who is highly socially intelligent and loves to encounter new people and new perspectives
- You know what ownership of a task means and how to deliver it
- You are fluent in written English with exceptional writing skills, perfect grammar and an appreciation for the power of tone, brevity and microcopy
- You have a keen eye for content and you can quickly understand what type of content is meaningful, appropriate and useful in each situation or each platform
- You are hungry for efficiency and constantly looking for ways to maximize your results arising from the time you spend on a task