East Carolina University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the South region of the United States, East Carolina University is the third largest university in North Carolina. While 87 percent of the students are state residents, there are also students from 50 states and 56 countries. ECU prepares students to live, work and compete in the 21st-century global knowledge-based economy, ready to provide next-generation solutions. At ECU students and professors pursue cutting-edge research and discovery that improves lives and solves problems.
Is East Carolina University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at East Carolina University is 89%. For every 100 applicants, 89 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet East Carolina University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is East Carolina University a good school?
East Carolina University is a good school and students-center. Through collaborative partnerships and comprehensive programs and services, the school develops opportunities for students to learn, lead, and serve humanity.
What is East Carolina University known for?
East Carolina University is known for being ranked as one of America’s Top Online Colleges. ECU is #6 of only 150 schools that made the list. The rankings are based primarily on a survey of U.S. residents who have used online learning services to obtain an academic degree or acquire knowledge and skills for their job or hobbies.
Is East Carolina University a party school?
Yes, East Carolina University is a party school.
What major is East Carolina University known for?
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Business administration and management
- Public health education and promotion
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- Marketing/marketing management
- Criminal justice/safety studies
- Biology/biological sciences
- Elementary education and teaching
- Industrial technology/technician
- Engineering technologies and engineering, related fields
- Exercise physiology
- Physical fitness technician
- Management information systems
- Family and community services
- Fine/studio arts
- Political science and government
- Hospitality administration/management
- Social work
- Computer science
- Apparel and textiles
- Therapeutic recreation/recreational therapy
- Multi, /interdisciplinary studies
- Health/health care administration/management
- English language and literature
- Information technology
- Manufacturing engineering technology/technician
- Parks, recreation, and leisure studies
- Audiology/audiologist and speech, language pathology/pathologist
- Foreign languages and literature
- Sports studies
- Engineering/industrial management
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Social studies teacher education
- Vocational rehabilitation counseling/counselor
- Interior design
- Special education and teaching
- Junior high/intermediate/middle school education and teaching
- Kindergarten/preschool education and teaching
- Geology/earth science
- Drafting and design technology/technician
- Athletic training/trainer
- Physical education teaching and coaching
- Child development
- City/urban, community and regional planning
- English/language arts teacher education
- Health information/medical records administration/administrator
- Clinical laboratory science/medical technology/technologist
- Family and consumer sciences/home economics teacher education
- Mathematics teacher education
- Music teacher education
- Environmental health
- Art teacher education
- Drama and dance teacher education
- Atmospheric sciences and meteorology
- Information science/studies
- African, american/black studies
- Business/office automation/technology/data entry
- Science teacher education/general science teacher education