Florida International University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the South region of the United States, Florida International University is the only public research university in Miami. FIU offers bachelor’s degrees in over 190 academic fields of study. In addition to classroom facilities, the FIU campus houses the International Hurricane Research Center and the only underwater research facility in the world located 63 feet below the surface of the ocean. Throughout the year, FIU schedules a number of all-campus celebrations such as the Roarthon dance and Summerfest.
Is Florida International University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Florida International University is 58%. For every 100 applicants, 58 are admitted. This means the school is moderately selective; hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Florida International University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is Florida International University a good school?
Florida International University is a good school that is committed to high-quality teaching, state-of-the-art research and creative activity, and collaborative engagement with local and global communities.
What is Florida International University known for?
As one of the top public universities in Miami, Florida International University is known for its exceptional student-centered learning and upward economic mobility, producing meaningful research and creative activities, and leading transformative innovations locally and globally.
Is Florida International University a party school?
Yes, Florida International University is a party school.
What major is Florida International University known for?
- Biology/biological sciences
- Hospitality administration/management
- Criminal justice/safety studies
- International business/trade/commerce
- Multi, /interdisciplinary studies
- Marketing/marketing management
- Business administration and management
- Biological and physical sciences
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Health/health care administration/management
- Political science and government
- International relations and affairs
- Information technology
- Parks, recreation and leisure facilities management
- Mass communication/media studies
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Computer and information sciences
- Multi, /interdisciplinary studies
- Early childhood education and teaching
- Mechanical engineering
- Public relations, advertising, and applied communication
- English language and literature
- Civil engineering
- Human resources management/personnel administration
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Elementary education and teaching
- Public administration
- Physical education teaching and coaching
- Computer engineering
- Spanish language and literature
- Bioengineering and biomedical engineering
- Construction engineering technology/technician
- Logistics, materials, and supply chain management
- Social work
- Fine/studio arts
- Management information systems
- Art/art studies
- Digital communication and media/multimedia
- Sustainability studies
- Management science
- Special education and teaching
- Real estate
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Asian studies/civilization
- Environmental studies
- Women’s studies
- Marine biology and biological oceanography
- Environmental/environmental health engineering
- Art history, criticism and conservation
- Geology/earth science
- Art teacher education
- Religion/religious studies
- French language and literature
- Latin american and caribbean studies
- Engineering technologies and engineering, related fields
- International/global studies
- Portuguese language and literature