South Carolina State University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the South region of the United States, South Carolina State University is a 4-year public school in central South Carolina and the only public Historically Black College and University in the state. SCSU is home to six academic departments conferring undergraduate degrees and is the only university in South Carolina to offer a bachelor’s degree in Nuclear Engineering. The campus also features the I.P. Stanback Museum and Planetarium, the only HBCU-based facility that combines an art museum and planetarium.
Is South Carolina State University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at South Carolina State University is 94%. For every 100 applicants, 94 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet South Carolina State University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is South Carolina State University a good school?
South Carolina State University is a good school committed to providing affordable and accessible quality baccalaureate programs in the areas of business, applied professional sciences, mathematics, natural sciences, engineering,
, education, arts, and humanities.
What is South Carolina State University known for?
South Carolina State University is known for preparing highly skilled, competent, and socially aware graduates to work and live productively in a dynamic, global society. Through technology and traditional methods of teaching and learning, research, and service, the University is known to enhance the quality of life of citizens and contributes to the economic development of the state and nation
Is South Carolina State University a party school?
Yes. South Carolina State University is a party school.
The followings are popular majors at South Carolina State University:
- Biology/biological sciences
- Family and consumer sciences/human sciences
- Criminal justice/law enforcement administration
- Mass communication/media studies
- Business administration and management
- Physical education teaching and coaching
- Computer and information sciences
- Social work
- Audiology/audiologist and speech, language pathology/pathologist
- Political science and government
- Marketing/marketing management
- Mechanical engineering/mechanical technology/technician
- Electrical, electronic and communications
- Engineering technology
- Health and physical education/fitness
- Fine/studio arts
- English language and literature
- Elementary education and teaching
- Technology teacher education/industrial arts teacher education
- Nuclear engineering
- Foods, nutrition, and wellness studies
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Agribusiness/agricultural business operations
- Special education and teaching
- Music management
- Early childhood education and teaching
- Industrial technology/technician
- Junior high/intermediate/middle school education and teaching
- Civil engineering
- Civil engineering technology/technician
- Social sciences