Texas Southern University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the South region of the United States, Texas Southern University, one of the nation’s largest HBCUs (Historically Black Colleges and Universities), possesses an impressive array of undergraduate and graduate programs, a diverse faculty, 80-plus student organizations, and an alumni network comprised of educators, entrepreneurs, public servants, lawyers, pilots, artists, and more, many of whom are change agents on the local, national and international stage.
More than 9,700 students, along with nearly 1,500 faculty and staff comprise the University’s community, and like its curricula, the student body is characterized by diversity. While many of the undergraduate and graduate students enrolled are native Texans, the student and faculty population is represented by almost every state in the country, including the U.S. territory of Puerto Rico, and by more than 50 nations. Texas Southern’s international student population hails from such places as Africa, Canada, the Canal Zone, the Caribbean, Central America, China, Europe, Mexico, South Asia, and the West Indies.
Is Texas Southern University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Texas Southern University is 65%. For every 100 applicants, 65 are admitted. This means the school is moderately selective; hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Texas Southern University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is Texas Southern University a good school?
Texas Southern University is a good school; a student-centered comprehensive doctoral university committed to ensuring equality, offering innovative programs that are responsive to global challenges, and transforming diverse students into lifelong learners, engaged citizens, and creative leaders.
What is Texas Southern University known for?
Texas Southern University is known for being one of the nation’s preeminent comprehensive urban universities recognized for the excellence of our programs, the quality of its instruction, and innovative research.
Is Texas Southern University a party school?
Yes, Texas Southern University is a party school.
What major is Texas Southern University known for?
- Business administration and management
- Biology/biological sciences
- Health and wellness
- General studies
- Banking and financial support services
- Health/health care administration/management
- Criminal justice/law enforcement administration
- Radio and television
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Multi, /interdisciplinary studies
- Marketing/marketing management
- Sport and fitness administration/management
- Social work
- Civil engineering
- Computer and information sciences
- Computer engineering technology/technician
- Political science and government
- Clinical laboratory science/medical technology/technologist
- Kinesiology and exercise science
- Management information systems
- Aviation/airway management and operations
- Transportation/mobility management
- Electrical, electronic and communications engineering technology/technician
- Mass communication/media studies
- Industrial technology/technician
- English language and literature
- Fine/studio arts
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Public administration
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Family and consumer sciences/human sciences
- Respiratory care therapy/therapist
- Civil engineering technology/technician
- Environmental health
- Crisis/emergency/disaster management
- Spanish language and literature
- Health information/medical records administration/administrator