The University of Southern Mississippi majors and acceptance rate
Located in the South region of the United States, the University of Southern Mississippi is a 4-year public school in southeast Mississippi. Southern Miss is home to colleges of Arts & Sciences, Business, Education, and Nursing as well as the sixth-oldest acceptance-based Honors College in the United States. In addition to classroom facilities, the Southern Miss campus hosts the Gulf Coast Research Laboratory and Arts Institute of Mississippi.
Is The University of Southern Mississippi hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at The University of Southern Mississippi is 96%. For every 100 applicants, 96 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet The University of Southern Mississippi’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is The University of Southern Mississippi a good school?
The University of Southern Mississippi is a good and a school student-centered public research university that prepares students to thrive in a global society by providing high quality programs and transformative experiences in a community distinguished by inclusiveness.
What is The University of Southern Mississippi known for?
The University of Southern Mississippi is known for its dedication to scholarship and learning, integrating students at all levels in the creation and application of knowledge through excellence in teaching, research, creative activities, outreach, and service.
Is The University of Southern Mississippi a party school?
Yes, The University of Southern Mississippi is a party school.
What major is The University of Southern Mississippi known for?
- Business administration and management
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Elementary education and teaching
- Biology/biological sciences
- Family systems
- Kinesiology and exercise science
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- Criminal justice/safety studies
- Architectural engineering technology/technician
- Marketing/marketing management
- Public health
- General studies
- Social work
- Audiology/audiologist and speech, language pathology/pathologist
- English language and literature
- Industrial technology/technician
- Human resources management/personnel administration
- Computer and information sciences
- Music management
- Data processing and data processing technology/technician
- Library and information science
- Music teacher education
- Foreign languages and literatures
- Parks, recreation and leisure studies
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Legal assistant/paralegal
- Marine biology and biological oceanography
- Sport and fitness administration/management
- Political science and government
- Multi, /interdisciplinary studies
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Clinical laboratory science/medical technology/technologist
- Polymer/plastics engineering
- Visual and performing arts
- Business, management, marketing, and related support services
- Athletic training/trainer
- Physical education teaching and coaching
- Hospitality administration/management
- Fashion merchandising
- Interior architecture
- Public relations, advertising, and applied communication
- Electrical, electronic and communications
- Engineering technology
- Computer engineering technology/technician
- International relations and affairs
- Hotel/motel administration/management
- International business/trade/commerce
- Special education and teaching
- Oceanography, chemical and physical
- Geology/earth science
- Computer engineering
- Education/teaching of individuals with hearing impairments including deafness
- Fine/studio arts
- Apparel and textiles
- Religion/religious studies
- Health services/allied health/health sciences
- Management information systems