University of the Incarnate Word majors and acceptance rate
Located in the South region of the United States, UIW is the largest Catholic university in the state and the fourth largest private university in Texas. With over 135 years of tradition, the University of the Incarnate Word is committed to educational excellence in a context of faith in Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Word of God. UIW programs constitute a liberal education that fosters a well-grounded intellectual resilience, a disposition toward lifelong learning, and an acceptance of responsibility for the ethical consequences of our ideas and actions. UIW is a sponsored ministry of the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word.
Is the University of the Incarnate Word hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at the University of the Incarnate Word is 98%. For every 100 applicants, 98 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet the University of the Incarnate Word’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is the University of the Incarnate Word a good school?
The University of the Incarnate Word is a good school committed to shaping good minds of strong character that will expand the world, and the universe in a context of faith in Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Word of God
What is the University of the Incarnate Word known for?
The University of the Incarnate Word is known for being the first institution to offer higher education for women in central and south Texas, consistently ranks among the top schools for veterans, and ranks No. 1 in the nation among faith-based universities graduating Hispanic students with bachelor’s degrees.
Is the University of the Incarnate Word a party school?
No. The University of the Incarnate Word is not a party school.
The followings are popular majors at the University of the Incarnate Word:
- Business administration and management
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Biology/biological sciences
- Business administration, management and operations
- Health services/allied health/health sciences
- Marketing/marketing management
- Human resources management/personnel administration
- Criminal justice/law enforcement administration
- Rehabilitation science
- Computer and information sciences
- Elementary education and teaching
- Management information systems
- Kinesiology and exercise science
- Organizational behavior studies
- Animation, interactive technology, video graphics and special effects
- Criminal justice/safety studies
- Project management
- Radio and television
- Sport and fitness administration/management
- Graphic design
- Community health and preventive medicine
- Vision science/physiological optics
- Nutrition sciences
- Apparel and textile marketing management
- International business/trade/commerce
- Music therapy/therapist
- English language and literature
- Pastoral studies/counseling
- Nuclear medical technology/technologist
- Fashion/apparel design
- Interior design
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Mass communication/media studies
- Physical education teaching and coaching
- Intercultural/multicultural and diversity studies
- Political science and government
- Athletic training/trainer
- Music teacher education
- Organizational leadership
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Public administration
- Environmental science
- Digital communication and media/multimedia
- Spanish language and literature
- Mathematical statistics and probability
- Religion/religious studies
- Fine/studio arts
- Music management
- Business/managerial economics
- Multi, /interdisciplinary studies
- Golf course operation and grounds management
- International relations and affairs
- Art/art studies
- E-commerce/electronic commerce