West Virginia University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the South region of the United States, West Virginia University is a public, land-grant institution that operates 10 experimental farms and four forests across the state. Sociology, Journalism, and the Arts and Humanities are popular fields of study at this research-intensive university. Students travel to and from WVU’s multiple campuses for free through the Personal Rapid Transit system.
Is West Virginia University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at West Virginia University is 84%. For every 100 applicants, 84 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet West Virginia University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is West Virginia University a good school?
West Virginia University is a good school that is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture that advances education, healthcare, and prosperity for all by providing access and opportunity; advancing high-impact research; and leading transformation in West Virginia and the world through local, state and global engagement
What is West Virginia University known for?
West Virginia University is known for being the first to hosts the world’s first institute devoted to studying human memory and was ranked in the top 3% of 19,000 universities worldwide by the Center for World University Rankings.
Is West Virginia University a party school?
Yes, West Virginia University is a party school.
What major is West Virginia University known for?
- Multi, /interdisciplinary studies
- General studies
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Health and physical education/fitness
- Mechanical engineering
- Biology/biological sciences
- Exercise physiology
- Marketing/marketing management
- Animal sciences
- Industrial engineering
- Civil engineering
- Petroleum engineering
- Political science and government
- Business administration and management
- Public health
- Aerospace, aeronautical and astronautical/space engineering
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Design and visual communications
- Agricultural economics
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- Wildlife, fish and wildlands science and management
- Social work
- Geology/earth science
- Logistics, materials, and supply chain management
- Management information systems
- Computer science
- English language and literature
- Child development
- Art/art studies
- Physical education teaching and coaching
- Audiology/audiologist and speech, language pathology/pathologist
- Computer engineering
- Land use planning and management/development
- Elementary education and teaching
- Bioengineering and biomedical engineering
- Agronomy and crop science
- Clinical laboratory science/medical technology/technologist
- Sustainability studies
- Dental hygiene/hygienist
- Business/managerial economics
- Hospitality administration/management
- Forest management/forest resources management
- Agricultural teacher education
- Health information/medical records administration/administrator
- Mining and mineral engineering
- Foreign languages and literatures
- Entrepreneurship/entrepreneurial studies
- Microbiology and immunology
- Theatre literature, history and criticism
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Parks, recreation and leisure facilities management
- Music history, literature, and theory
- Wood science and wood products/pulp and paper technology
- Art history, criticism and conservation
- Chinese language and literature
- Germanic languages, literatures, and linguistics
- Spanish language and literature