Last updated on March 23, 2021 by The Counselor
Success comes in different forms. For some, success may mean new position, acquired wealth, discovery, etc while for some it could mean being able to overcome what was once difficult. The fact still remains that every one of us perceives success differently and for this singular reason, success doesn’t always bring happiness because it may result in different outcomes.
Success is often the result of perseverance which may occasionally come from good success quotes. These collections of success quotes will brighten up your day and make you feel ready to take on anything because these success quotes address various issues on Relationship, Family, confidence, money, goals, positive thinking, fear of failure, hard work, purpose, passion and hard times.
Success Quotes are concise sentences, expressing wisdom, and awakening motivation, inspiration, happiness and thoughts condensed into a few words. They are drops of wisdom concentrated into one or a few sentences, which can bring light and understanding to those who want to achieve success in life.
250 Success Inspirational Quotes
- Don’t aim for success if you want it just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.
- The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
- Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome.
Booker T. Washington
- No man succeeds without a good woman behind him. Wife or mother, if it is both, he is twice blessed indeed.
- Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.
- Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil.
J. Paul Getty
- Formal education will make you a living self-education will make you a fortune.
- If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There’s no point in being a damn fool about it.
W. C. Fields
- Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.
- All you need is ignorance and confidence and then success is sure.
- Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.
- I honestly think it is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate.
- Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life – think of it, the dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.Swami Vivekananda
- Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.Bruce Lee
- A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.David Brinkley
- Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.Winston Churchill
- Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another.Napoleon Hill
- Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.Winston Churchill
- Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.Albert Einstein
- I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.Bill Cosby
- Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.Abraham Lincoln
- I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.Michael Jordan
- Coming together is a beginning keeping together is progress working together is a success.Henry Ford
- Action is the foundational key to all success.
- To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence.
- Failure is success if we learn from it.
- What is success? I think it is a mixture of having a flair for the thing that you are doing knowing that it is not enough, that you have got to have hard work and a certain sense of purpose.
- I don’t measure a man’s success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom.
George S. Patton
- To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.
- Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.
George Edward Woodberry
- Success or failure depends more upon attitude than upon capacity successful men act as though they have accomplished or are enjoying something. Soon it becomes a reality. Act, look, feel successful, conduct yourself accordingly, and you will be amazed at the positive results.
- A person with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds.
- Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation, there is sure to be a failure.
- Success is not measured by what you accomplish, but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds.
Orison Swett Marden
- Frustration, although quite painful at times, is a very positive and essential part of success.
- Success is a science if you have the conditions, you get the result.
- The most important single ingredient in the formula of success is knowing how to get along with people.
- What’s money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.
- Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
- As kids we’re not taught how to deal with success we’re taught how to deal with failure. If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. If at first you succeed, then what?
- Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing.
- Belief in oneself is one of the most important bricks in building any successful venture.
Lydia M. Child
- If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.
- Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming.
- If you have no critics you’ll likely have no success.
- One secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.
- Don’t confuse fame with success. Madonna is one Helen Keller is the other.
- I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has had to overcome while trying to succeed.
Booker T. Washington
- Once you agree upon the price you and your family must pay for success, it enables you to ignore the minor hurts, the opponent’s pressure, and the temporary failures.
- The ladder of success is best climbed by stepping on the rungs of opportunity.
- Man needs his difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy success.
- Success is simple. Do what’s right, the right way, at the right time.
Arnold H. Glasow
- The successful man will profit from his mistakes and try again in a different way.
- Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success.
- Pray that success will not come any faster than you are able to endure it.
- Failure is the key to success each mistake teaches us something.
- Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Eighty per cent of success is showing up.
- In order to succeed, you must fail, so that you know what not to do the next time.
Anthony J. D’Angelo
- Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
George S. Patton
- The starting point of all achievement is desire.
- In this world it is not what we take up, but what we give up, that makes us rich.
Henry Ward Beecher
- There is only one success – to be able to spend your life in your own way.
- Success isn’t a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.
Arnold H. Glasow
- Most people give up just when they’re about to achieve success. They quit on the one-yard line. They give up at the last minute of the game one foot from a winning touchdown.
- Diligence is the mother of good fortune.
- I couldn’t wait for success, so I went ahead without it.
- If you want to achieve things in life, you’ve just got to do them, and if you’re talented and smart, you’ll succeed.
- Our worldly successes cannot be guaranteed, but our ability to achieve spiritual success is entirely up to us, thanks to the grace of God. The best advice I know is to give those worldly things your best but never your all – reserve the ultimate hope for the only one who can grant it.
- The greatest sign of success for a teacher… is to be able to say, ‘The children are now working as if I did not exist.’
- The common idea that success spoils people by making them vain, egotistic and self-complacent is erroneous on the contrary it makes them, for the most part, humble, tolerant and kind.
W. Somerset Maugham
- The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents.
- Success is falling nine times and getting up ten.
Jon Bon Jovi
- If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counsellor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius.
- Success is dependent on effort.
- They succeed because they think they can.
- Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.
- The measure of success is not whether you have a tough problem to deal with, but whether it is the same problem you had last year.
John Foster Dulles
- Success is blocked by concentrating on it and planning for it… Success is shy – it won’t come out while you’re watching.
- It’s our nature: Human beings like success but they hate successful people.
- Success is the child of drudgery and perseverance. It cannot be coaxed or bribed pay the price and it is yours.
Orison Swett Marden
- Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement.
W. Clement Stone
- Success in almost any field depends more on energy and drive than it does on intelligence. This explains why we have so many stupid leaders.
- Failure is not an option. Everyone has to succeed.
- Success is the one unpardonable sin against our fellows.
- Success is counted sweetest by those who never succeed.
- How can they say my life is not a success? Have I not for more than sixty years got enough to eat and escaped being eaten?
Logan P. Smith
- After I won the Oscar, my salary doubled, my friends tripled, my children became more popular at school, my butcher made a pass at me, and my maid hit me up for a raise.
- Obedience is the mother of success and is wedded to safety.
- Success has a simple formula: do your best, and people may like it.
- Success is not a good teacher, failure makes you humble
- Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world
- Success is that old ABC – ability, breaks, and courage.
- Success is like death. The more successful you become, the higher the houses in the hills get and the higer the fences get.
- Those who have succeeded at anything and don’t mention luck are kidding themselves.
- Success is the progressive realization of predetermined, worthwhile, personal goals.
Paul J. Meyer
- The man who has done his level best… is a success, even though the world may write him down a failure.
B. C. Forbes
- Nothing succeeds like success.
- We fall forward to succeed.
Mary Kay Ash
- Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure.
- The toughest thing about success is that you’ve got to keep on being a success.
- Nothing recedes like success.
- Success is often the result of taking a misstep in the right direction.
- The five essential entrepreneurial skills for success: Concentration, Discrimination, Organization, Innovation and Communication.
Harold S. Geneen
- Success to me is having ten honeydew melons and eating only the top half of each slice.
- Success doesn’t mean that you are healthy, success doesn’t mean that you’re happy, success doesn’t mean that you’re rested. Success really doesn’t mean that you look good, or feel good, or are good.
- It’s not enough that I should succeed – others should fail.
- Success is the space one occupies in the newspaper. Success is one day’s insolence.
- The one phrase you can use is that success has a thousand fathers, and failure is an orphan.
- Your success and happiness lie in you. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties.
- My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.
- Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
- We should measure welfare’s success by how many people leave welfare, not by how many are added.
- Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
John F. Kennedy
- The foundation stones for a balanced success are honesty, character, integrity, faith, love and loyalty.
- Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.
- The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.
- There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.
- If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavours to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
Henry David Thoreau
- That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.
- Israel was not created in order to disappear – Israel will endure and flourish. It is the child of hope and the home of the brave. It can neither be broken by adversity nor demoralized by success. It carries the shield of democracy and it honours the sword of freedom.
John F. Kennedy
- The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire the size of your dream and how you handle disappointment along the way.
- The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.
- Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.
- The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure instead of having pain and pleasure use you. If you do that, you’re in control of your life. If you don’t, life controls you.
- If you want to succeed you should strike out on new paths, rather than travel the worn paths of accepted success.
John D. Rockefeller
- I believe that being successful means having a balance of success stories across the many areas of your life. You can’t truly be considered successful in your business life if your home life is in shambles.
- Before anything else, preparation is the key to success.
Alexander Graham Bell
- It has always seemed strange to me… the things we admire in men, kindness and generosity, openness, honesty, understanding and feeling, are the concomitants of failure in our system. And those traits we detest, sharpness, greed, acquisitiveness, meanness, egotism and self-interest, are the traits of success. And while men admire the quality of the first they love the produce of the second.
- A little more persistence, a little more effort, and what seemed hopeless failure may turn to glorious success.
- Part of the secret of a success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.
- Before success comes in any man’s life, he’s sure to meet with much temporary defeat and, perhaps some failures. When defeat overtakes a man, the easiest and the most logical thing to do is to quit. That’s exactly what the majority of men do.
- It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.
- Like success, failure is many things to many people. With a Positive Mental Attitude, failure is a learning experience, a rung on the ladder, a plateau at which to get your thoughts in order and prepare to try again.
W. Clement Stone
- Dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you’re willing to pay the price.
- Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.Benjamin Franklin
- The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office.Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming.John Wooden
- That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much.Robert Louis Stevenson
- The most glorious moments in your life are not the so-called days of success, but rather those days when out of dejection and despair you feel a rise in you a challenge to life, and the promise of future accomplishments.Gustave Flaubert
- The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.George S. Patton
- The line between failure and success is so fine that we scarcely know when we pass it: so fine that we are often on the line and do not know it. Elbert Hubbard
- Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you’ve got to start young. Theodore Roosevelt
- Before everything else, getting ready is the secret of success. Henry Ford
- Every success story has a parent who says, ‘over my dead body.’ Every success story has an old person who walks up to you and says, when you’re acting the fool, ‘you know I worry about you sometimes.’Bill Cosby
- He has achieved success who has worked well, laughed often, and loved much.Elbert Hubbard
- What material success does is provide you with the ability to concentrate on other things that really matter. And that is being able to make a difference, not only in your own life but in other people’s lives. Oprah Winfrey
- We learned about honesty and integrity – that the truth matters… that you don’t take shortcuts or play by your own set of rules… and success doesn’t count unless you earn it fair and square. Michelle Obama
- For unflagging interest and enjoyment, a household of children, if things go reasonably well, certainly all other forms of success and achievement lose their importance by comparison. Theodore Roosevelt
- Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success.Pablo Picasso
- The path to success is to take massive, determined action.Tony Robbins