Last updated on October 30, 2020 by The Counselor
The Generation Google Scholarship: for women in computer science is open to qualified students who meet the eligibility criteria. Women interested in computer science are strongly encouraged to apply. The scholarship award must be spent on tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for the students’ classes at their primary university.
The Generation Google Scholarship: for women in computer science was established to help aspiring computer scientists excel in technology and become leaders in the field. Selected students will receive a 7,000 EUR award (or local equivalent) for the 2021-2022 academic year. Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s impact on diversity, demonstrated leadership, and academic background.
Who can apply for Google Scholarship: For Women in Computer Science?
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a university for 2020-21 academic
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program at an accredited university in Europe, the Middle East or Africa for the 2021-2022 academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a passion for improving the representation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology
The application process for Google Scholarship: For Women in Computer Science
You will be asked to complete an online application which includes:
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- One letter of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to four short essay questions
- Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool or respective peers (e.g. Bachelors students compared to other Bachelors students).
- Applications for 2021 are now open.
- Deadline to apply: early-December, 2020
For more information and how to apply click hereFollow Fatherprada on Facebook for Guides