Last updated on October 28, 2020 by The Counselor
Nigeria Federal Government 2020 Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship
Ministery of Education is hereby inviting interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the Nigeria Federal Government 2020 Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship for:
- Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Japan, Macedonia; and
- Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
Field of Study
- Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc.
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and PhD) in all fields.
Criteria for Federal Government 2020 Scholarship
Undergraduate Scholarships: All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (2021 & 2022) for Non-African Countries and for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2020) only. Age limit is from 17 to 20 years
Postgraduate Scholarships: All applicants for Postgraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with 1st Class or at least 2nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have acquired at least two (2) years post qualification experience or employment practise in Nigeria.
All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Programme and the age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for PhD.
- N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted;
- Evidence of readiness to be released by an employer.