In this post, I will show the top 10 responsibilities of a teacher. For every teacher, there is a responsibility but a school’s goal and objectives including policies is a major determinant of a teacher responsibilities and how it is carried out. A teacher’s responsibilities are what an organization uses to describe the work and functions that a teacher needs to perform in a particular role.
We all know that teaching is no longer confined to the classroom but, instead, extends into the home and the community and around the world. Likewise, information is no longer bound primarily in books; it’s available everywhere in bits and bytes.
Thus, teachers are now encouraged to adapt and adopt new practices that acknowledge both the art and science of learning. Teachers also play the role of second parents to students by getting to know each student as an individual in order to comprehend his or her unique needs, learning style, social and cultural background, interests, and abilities.
Like I mentioned earlier, responsibility varies. Notwithstanding, these top 10 responsibilities are universal because they paint a better picture of a teacher greatest responsibilities in a learning environment.
- Top 8 Characteristics Of A Good Teacher
- Top 13 Professional Skills of a Teacher
- 50 Great Qualities Of A Good Teacher
These are the top 10 responsibilities of a teacher
- To plan, prepare and deliver lessons to all students in the class
- To teach according to the educational needs, abilities and achievements of the individual students
- To assign work, correcting and marking work carried out by his/her students
- To assess, record and report on the development, progress, attainment and behaviour of one’s students
- To provide or contribute to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual students or groups of students
- To promote the general progress and well-being of individual students, groups of students or class entrusted to him/her
- To provide guidance and advice to students on educational and social matters and on their further education and future careers; providing information on sources of more expert advice
- To maintain good order and discipline amongst students under one’s care and safeguard their health and safety at all times
- To ensure the safe custody and optimum use of equipment normally used by oneself during lessons and sees to its regular servicing and maintenance.
- To attend parent-teacher meetings.
Teachers are Readers. Readers are leaders. See below Amazon books carefully selected for you.