Last Updated on
Pamo University of Medical Sciences is a private university licensed by the federal government of Nigeria. The university is committed to quality and excellence in medical education, research and health services.
Pamo University of Medical Sciences has over the years provided high-quality medical treatment and health promotion services spanning Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Paediatrics to individuals, families and corporate organizations spanning sectors such as energy, oil and gas, power, agriculture, and construction.
Pamo University of Medical Sciences Admission Requirement
- Applicants are required to have sat for Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
- For Admission (via UTME) into 100 Level, applicants must possess five (5) credits passed at SSCE (or equivalent) in relevant subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English Language and Mathematics), at not more than two (2) sittings and must have scored above the cut off mark in the UTME. For MBBS, the score must be 200 and above.
Eligibility into Pamo University of Medical Sciences
- Candidates who chose Pamo University of Medical Sciences in JAMB and
- Candidates who chose other Universities.
- Candidates under category (ii.) are required to apply for a change of Institution through JAMB Portal to qualify to participate in the Screening Exercise.
- Candidates awaiting SSCE result or its equivalent are also eligible to apply for admission provided the result (s) will be uploaded on PUMS Portal two days before screening.
- For Admission by Direct Entry (200 Level), candidates will in addition to having five (5) O’ Level credits, MUST possess at least two (2) A’ Level or its equivalent, passes in relevant subjects or possess a good first degree in a related field not below Second Class Lower as the case may be. For MBBS, candidates must possess three (3) A’ Level passes in relevant subjects.
- For Transfer Admissions, candidates should first obtain a Transfer Form from Pamo University of Medical Sciences, endorsed by the current university before resubmission to PUMS for consideration. The Form should be returned to PUMS with copies of relevant current Sessional Transcripts from the current university.
Pamo University of Medical Sciences offers 5 years undergraduate programmes under the Faculty of Allied Health in the following courses
- B.MLS – Medical Laboratory Science
- B.NSc – Nursing Science
- B.Sc – Physiotherapy
- B.Sc – Radiography
Pamo University of Medical Sciences offers 4 years undergraduate programmes under the Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences in the following courses
- Anatomy (B.Sc. Anatomy)
- Biochemistry (B.Sc. Biochemistry)
- Human nutrition and dietetics (B.Sc. Human Nutrition and Dietetics)
- Pharmacology (B.Sc. Pharmacology)
- Physiology (B.Sc. Physiology)
Pamo University of Medical Sciences offers 4 years undergraduate programmes under the Faculty of Clinical Sciences in the following courses
- Medicine & Surgery – MBBS
General & Entrepreneurial Studies Unit
The general studies courses (GST) which will be compulsory for all undergraduate students are intended to help students develop and improve their communicative skills, imbibe self-reliance and independence through the acquisition of entrepreneurial skills, appreciate society in its cultural, social and religious diversity and appreciate the principles and basic tenets of science
- GST 111: Communication in English (2 Units)
- GST 113: Nigerian Peoples and Culture (2 Units)
- GST 121: Use of Library, study skills and Information Communication Technology (ICT) (2 Units)
- GST 122: Communication in French (2 Units) OR
- GST 123: Communication in Arabic (2 Units)
- GST 211: Communication in English II (2 Units)
- GST 212: Logic Philosophy and Human Existence (2 Units)
- GST 22I: History and Philosophy of Science (2 Units)
- GST 222: Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution (2 Units)
- GST 223: Introduction to Entrepreneurial Skills (2 Units)
- GST 311: Introduction to Entrepreneurship Studies (2 Units)
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- 83 list of accredited Medical Schools in Nigeria in 2019
- Skyline University, Nigeria Admission and Courses
- College of Medicine University of Ibadan Courses
- Complete List of Courses Offered by Ahmadu Bello University
- School of Health Technology Akure Courses
- 26 List of Medical Courses in Bayero University, Kano
- 10 Faculties in Abia State Universities (ABSU) and their courses
- Does University of Abuja Offer Nursing?
- 23 List of Medical Courses in Nigeria Universities
- List of Medical Courses Offered in KWASU