The University of Ibadan Distance Learning Centre (UIDLC) is an arm of the University responsible for providing Open and Distance Learning University Education. This mode of education is technology-mediated and provides for minimum physical interaction between the learners and their lecturers.
DLC learners are spread across different locations within and outside the country because of the convenience of access which is made available by this mode. Academic activities of UIDLC are facilitated by the same lecturers as the regular mode of study.
The issuance of the same certificates as obtainable in the conventional university system is also assured. This is technically referred to as PARITY OF ESTEEM- both categories of students have equal rights and privileges.
List of University of Ibadan Diploma courses under the Open and Distance Learning (ODL);
- Diploma in Industrial Relations & Trade Unionism
- Diploma in Librarianship
- Diploma in Adult Education and Community Development
- Diploma in Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Professional Diploma in Educational Management
- Diploma in Teacher Education
- Diploma in School Media Programme
- Professional Diploma in HIV/AIDS/STI Education
- Diploma in Social Works
- Diploma (Applied Yoruba)
- Diploma in History and Diplomatic Studies
- Diploma in Communication and Language Arts
- Diploma in Management Studies
- Diploma in Psychology
- Diploma in Statistics
- Diploma in Theatre Arts