Last Updated on
Universities offering Theater Arts
So you want to study Theater Arts… This means you’re an Art student but do have what it takes? I mean, it is not enough to know the list of Nigerian Universities that offers Theater Arts. You also need to know the WAEC subject that you need to study Theater Arts as well as the JAMB subjects.
Do you? If no, use the search box below to know the subject combination you need to qualify and study Theater Arts in Nigeria. This the first steps toward studying Theater Arts in Nigeria universities. You will need other documents too for pre-screening and Matriculation screening.
Your JAMB score, Post UTME score and WAEC Grade will be calculated and the aggregate score is what determine if you qualify to study Theater Arts. Moreover, those who got their O level result in one sitting have a better chance of getting admission to study Theater Arts than those using two sittings.
Do you know that Theater Arts is one of the most popular courses in Nigeria and very competitive in the university? Competitiveness means many students want to gain admission to study this course.
Once a course is competitive, it simply means certain measures are put in place to make sure they limit the number of students they can admit. Such limitation includes high jamb cut off mark, a limited number of admissible students, strict subject combinations etc.
But what is so special about this course… Let me give you a little info about Theater Arts before you go through the list of universities that offers Theater Arts in Nigeria.
Any students who want to study theatre art degree programme are usually required to audition in most university. This unique program is focused on contemporary theatre-making practices and is designed to provide the multi-talented performer-entrepreneur with the environment and tools needed to create, develop and produce innovative, imaginative, and thought-provoking theatre.
Theatre art degree programme introduces students to a major forms of literature and Theater Arts, thereby developing a familiarity with one of the greatest cultural heritage and an understanding of human behaviour and civilization as it is reflected through the ages.
One good thing about Theatre Arts degree course is that it uniquely shapes a student’s perceptions about life into an active experience. Because this process encourages critical thought and discussion, the degree provides a singular and important aspect of a liberal arts education through its production season and coursework.
You also ought to know which Faculty this Theater Arts course belongs to in the university. Theater Arts course can be studied under diifferent Faculties. Same course but a different approach. Below is a comprehensive list of higher institutions in Nigeria that offers Theater Arts.
Courses related to Theater Arts
Use the search box below to get information about these courses
- Performing Arts
- Theater and Film Studies
- Theater and Media Arts
- Creative and Visual Arts
- English Language and Literature
Here are the list of universities that offers Theater Arts in Nigeria:
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Delta State University, Abraka
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Ekiti State University
- Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State (FULAFIA)
- Gregory University, Uturu
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- Igbinedion University Okada
- Kogi State University Anyigba
- Nasarawa State University Keffi (NSUK)
- Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU)
- Plateau State University Bokkos (PLASU)
- Redeemer’s University, Mowe
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Uyo
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- 5 Universities that offers Fine Art in Nigeria
- 15 Universities that offers Music in Nigeria
- 6 Universities that offers Building Technology in Nigeria
- 8 Universities that offers Information Technology in Nigeria
- 13 Universities that offers Fisheries and Aquaculture in Nigeria
- 7 Universities that offers Criminology and Securities Studies in Nigeria
- 4 Universities that offers Archaeology in Nigeria
- 40 Universities that offers Medicine and Surgery in Nigeria
- 17 Universities that offers Fisheries in Nigeria
- 11 Universities that offers Nutrition and Dietetics in Nigeria