Universities offering Psychology
So you want to study Psychology… Do have what it takes? I mean, it is not enough to know the list of Nigerian Universities that offers Psychology. You also need to know the WAEC subject that you need to study Psychology as well as the JAMB subjects.
Do you? If no, use the search box below to know the subject combination you need to qualify and study Psychology in Nigeria. This the first steps toward studying Psychology in Nigeria universities. You will need other documents too for pre-screening and Matriculation screening.
Your JAMB score, Post UTME score and WAEC Grade will be calculated and the aggregate score is what determine if you qualify to study Psychology. Moreover, those who got their O level result in one sitting have a better chance of getting admission to study Psychology than those using two sittings.
Do you know that Psychology is one of the most popular courses in Nigeria and very competitive in the university? Competitiveness means many students want to gain admission to study this course.
Once a course is competitive, it simply means certain measures are put in place to make sure they limit the number of students they can admit. Such limitation includes high jamb cut off mark, a limited number of admissible students, strict subject combinations etc.
But what is so special about this course… Let me give you a little info about Psychology before you go through the list of universities that offers Psychology in Nigeria.
Psychologists attempt to understand the role of a person’s mental functions in their individual behaviour and how they behave in a social environment. Psychology allows you to understand the principles of what makes people tick. Reliant on scientific methods, the statistics involved are tricky to understand, but worth it in the long run. You will be taught to think critically and this boosts your social skills. This understanding of the human condition is very useful in job interviews and workplace relationships.
Although it won’t necessarily boost your own mental health, it will allow you to diagnose issues among your family and friends. You could say it lets you read their minds… Psychology is a very employable degree. Contrary to the general belief that social sciences are dead ends, psychology can lead to law, social work, teaching, business and more.
You also ought to know which Faculty this Psychology course belongs to in the university. Psychology course can be studied under diifferent Faculties. Same course but a different approach. Below is a comprehensive list of higher institutions in Nigeria that offers Psychology.
Courses related to Psychology
Use the search box below to get information about these courses
- Guidance and Counselling
- Intelligence and Security Studies
- Human Resources Management
- Social Work
Here are the list of universities that offers Psychology in Nigeria:
- Covenant University Ota
- Plateau State University Bokkos (PLASU)
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Baze University
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Caleb University, Lagos
- Caritas University, Enugu
- Covenant University Ota
- Chrisland University
- Christopher University Mowe
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Ekiti State University
- Eastern Palm University Ogboko, Imo State
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Federal University Gashua, Yobe
- Umar Suleiman College of Education, Gashua
- Federal University, Ndifu-Alike, Ebonyi State (FUNAI)
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Godfrey Okoye University, Ugwuomu-Nike – Enugu State
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU)
- Lead City University, Ibadan
- Madonna University, Okija
- Nasarawa State University Keffi (NSUK)
- Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna (NDA)
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Nigeria Police Academy Wudil
- Redeemer’s University, Mowe
- Renaissance University, Enugu
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Uyo.