Last updated on August 15, 2020 by The Counselor
Universities offering Accounting
So you want to study Accounting… This means you’re a Commercial student but do have what it takes? I mean, it is not enough to know the list of Nigerian Universities that offers Accounting. You also need to know the WAEC subject that you need to study Accounting as well as the JAMB subjects.
Do you? If no, use the search box below to know the subject combination you need to qualify and study Accounting in Nigeria. This the first steps toward studying Accounting in Nigeria universities. You will need other documents too for pre-screening and Matriculation screening.
Your JAMB score, Post UTME score and WAEC Grade will be calculated and the aggregate score is what determine if you qualify to study Accounting. Moreover, those who got their O level result in one sitting have a better chance of getting admission to study Accounting than those using two sittings.
Do you know that Accounting is one of the most popular courses in Nigeria and very competitive in the university? Competitiveness means many students want to gain admission to study this course.
Once a course is competitive, it simply means certain measures are put in place to make sure they limit the number of students they can admit. Such limitation includes high jamb cut off mark, a limited number of admissible students, strict subject combinations etc.
But what is so special about this course… Let me give you a little info about Accounting before you go through the list of universities that offers Accounting in Nigeria.
Accounting course prepares a student to be professional accountants, auditors, budget analysts, tax accountants, and to provide financial management services to individuals, businesses, and/or corporations (profit and not-for-profit). Students will also master the digitization of accounting data and technology that support international financial reporting.
The accounting student explores the fundamentals of accounting in two introductory courses and completes a sequence of higher-level courses that cover financial accounting theory, cost accounting, auditing, advanced accounting topics, federal income tax, business law, and accounting information systems.
You also ought to know which Faculty this Accounting course belongs to in the university. Accounting course can be studied under diifferent Faculties. Same course but a different approach. Below is a comprehensive list of higher institutions in Nigeria that offers Accounting. If there is a university not listed, please indicate by leaving a comment.
Courses related to Accounting
Use the search box below to get information about these courses
- Business Administration
- Actuarial Science
- Banking and Finance
- Secretarial Administration
Here are the list of universities that offers Accounting in Nigeria:
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- American University of Nigeria, Yola (AUN)
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Caritas University, Enugu
- Cross River State University of Science & Technology, Calabar (CRUTECH)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Ekiti State University
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin
- Eastern Palm University Ogboko, Imo State
- Evangel University, Akaeze
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina (FUDUSOK)
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State (FUKASHERE)
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State (FUWUKARI)
- Igbinedion University Okada
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- Kwararafa University, Wukari
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU)
- Lead City University, Ibadan
- Madonna University, Okija
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Mcpherson University, Seriki Sotayo, Ajebo
- University of Mkar, Mkar
- Nasarawa State University Keffi (NSUK)
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Plateau State University Bokkos (PLASU)
- River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST)
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Uyo
- Wellspring University, Evbuobanosa – Edo State