Last Updated on
Universities that offer Criminology
So you want to study Criminology… This means you’re a science or Art student but do have what it takes? I mean, it is not enough to know the list of Nigerian Universities that offers Criminology. You also need to know the WAEC subject that you need to study Criminology as well as the JAMB subjects.
Do you? If no, use the search box below to know the subject combination you need to qualify and study Criminology in Nigeria. This the first steps toward studying Criminology in Nigeria universities. You will need other documents too for pre-screening and Matriculation screening.
Your JAMB score, Post UTME score and WAEC Grade will be calculated and the aggregate score is what determine if you qualify to study Criminology. Moreover, those who got their O level result in one sitting have a better chance of getting admission to study Criminology than those using two sittings.
Do you know that Criminology is one of the most popular courses in Nigeria though not competitive in the university? Competitiveness means many students want to gain admission to study this course.
Once a course is competitive, it simply means certain measures are put in place to make sure they limit the number of students they can admit. Such limitation includes high jamb cut off mark, a limited number of admissible students, strict subject combinations etc.
But what is so special about this course… Let me give you a little info about Criminology before you go through the list of universities that offers Criminology in Nigeria.
Criminology is the study of crime, criminal behaviour patterns and the law. An introductory criminology course is taken at the onset of a student’s core degree requirements. This course covers basics in criminology theories, patterns and behaviours. Students learn socioeconomic and sociocultural influences that have affected crime over the years. Topics in this course may also cover crime prevention, law enforcement, criminal justice systems and crime victims.
You also ought to know which Faculty this Criminology course belongs to in the university. Criminology course can be studied under different Faculties. Same course but a different approach. Below is a comprehensive list of higher institutions in Nigeria that offers Criminology.
Courses related to Criminology
Use the search box below to get information about these courses
- Securities, Diplomacy and Peace Studies
- International Studies and Diplomacy
- International and Comparative Politics
- International Relationship and Strategic Studies
- Political Science and Defense Studies
Here are the list of universities that offers Criminology in Nigeria:
- Achievers University, Owo
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Bayero University, Kano
- Caleb University, Lagos
- Chrisland University
- Federal University, Dutse, Jigawa State (FUD)
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Nigeria Police Academy Wudil
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- Universities that offer Cyber Security Science in Nigeria
- 46 List of Criminology Courses in University
- 42 Universities that offers Law in Nigeria
- 4 Universities that offers Archaeology in Nigeria
- 5 Universities that offers Fine Art in Nigeria
- 7 List of Catholic Universities in Nigeria and Courses Offered
- 100 lists of commercial courses you can study in Nigeria
- 4 Universities that offer Telecommunication Engineering in Nigeria
- 92 lists of art courses you can study in Nigeria Universities
- 13 Universities that offers Fisheries and Aquaculture in Nigeria