Last updated on December 2, 2020 by The Counselor
On this article, I am going to share with you some of the best Interdisciplinary PhD Programs out there. If you are one of those interested in Interdisciplinary PhD Programs with difficulties in what program to choose, this page is for you.
In response to an emerging interest in studies that cross traditional disciplinary boundaries and increasing national demand for interdisciplinary approaches to research and education, many Universities and Colleges are now offering Interdisciplinary PhD Programs from existing graduate programs or self-designed.
While most Interdisciplinary PhD Programs are self-designed program developed by students through the guidance of faculty mentors to suit their needs when no existing graduate program does, the Interdisciplinary PhD Programs listed here are from existing graduate programs.
Interdisciplinary PhD Programs offers flexibility to students with interests outside existing boundaries and established programs by allowing them research in two or more disciplines/programs from across the university.
Why Interdisciplinary PhD Programs
- Interdisciplinary PhD Programs enable graduate students to work past disciplinary boundaries, they develop essential critical thinking skills, including self-awareness and open-mindedness.
- Interdisciplinary PhD Programs have a tendency to brings students together and allows them to explore and discuss multiple perspectives. This means research will have a deeper scope than with only one perspective.
- Interdisciplinary PhD Programs often shines new light on emerging fields that may never have been considered with conventional learning
These are the top Interdisciplinary PhD Programs in the world
- African and African-American Studies
- American Indian Studies
- Biomedical Computation
- Biomedical Informatics
- Biomedical Sciences
- Byzantine Studies
- Chemical Oceanography
- Development Studies
- Economics and Statistics
- Educational Leadership and Management
- Fine Art
- Gender studies
- Human Biology
- Human-Computer Interaction
- International Relations
- Master of Liberal Arts
- Mathematical & Computational Science
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Media and Artistic Research
- Modern Thought and Literature
- Obstetrics, Gynaecology & Reproduction
- Ophthalmology & Visual Science
- Persian and Iranian Studies
- Pharmacology / Toxicology
- Physical Geography and Geoecology
- Political Ponerology
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Public Health & Epidemiology
- Public Policy
- Social Psychology
- Social and Political Thought
- Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine
- Urban Studies