Augustana University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the midwest region of the united state, Augustana College is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. It is the largest private university in the state. The university also has an extensive internship, study abroad and undergraduate research program. Civitas is the university’s honor program and it encourages students to explore what citizenship means on the Augustana campus, the US, and the world through small, innovative classes.
Is Augustana University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Augustana University is 71%. For every 100 applicants, 71 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. If you meet Augustana University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other components of the application, you have a great shot at getting accepted.
Is Augustana University a good school?
Yes, Augustana University is a good school inspired by Lutheran scholarly tradition and the liberal arts. Augustana provides an education of enduring worth that challenges the intellect, fosters integrity, and integrates faith with learning and service in a diverse world.
What is Augustana University known for?
Augustana University is known for providing equal access to and participation in employment opportunities and in programs and services, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status or disability.
The followings are popular majors at Augustana University:
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Business administration and management
- Biology/biological sciences
- Kinesiology and exercise science
- Political science and government
- Elementary education and teaching
- English language and literature
- Sport and fitness administration/management
- Sign language interpretation and translation
- Spanish language and literature
- Secondary education and teaching
- Art/art studies
- Communication sciences and disorders
- Mass communication/media studies
- Computer and information sciences
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Special education and teaching
- Teacher education, multiple levels
- Physical education teaching and coaching
- Religion/religious studies
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Computer science
- Health teacher education
- Music teacher education
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- French language and literature
- Business/corporate communications
- Marketing/marketing management
- Pre, engineering
- Engineering physics/applied physics
- Foreign languages and literature
- German language and literature
- Natural sciences
- Computational science