Coastal Carolina University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the South region of the United States, Coastal Carolina University is a comprehensive, public liberal arts institution in Conway, South Carolina. The University offers 73 major fields of study for the baccalaureate degree, 22 master’s degree programs, two educational specialist degrees, and two Ph.D. programs (coastal and marine systems science and education) across five academic colleges.
A diverse population of more than 10,600 students from across the country and around the world engages with a world-class faculty, and they all enjoy an inspiring cultural calendar and a tradition of community interaction fueled by more than 160 student clubs, organizations, and honor societies. Students learn, study, and interact in high-quality facilities, including the HTC Student Recreation and Convocation Center, the Bryan Information Commons, and the Lib Jackson Student Union.
Is Coastal Carolina University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Coastal Carolina University is 70%. For every 100 applicants, 70 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Coastal Carolina University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is Coastal Carolina University a good school?
Coastal Carolina University is a good school with a student-centered learning community in which students, faculty, and staff embrace education as a lifelong commitment that supports both the development of knowledge in specific fields and the dedication to learning that empower productive, responsible, healthy citizens with a global perspective.
What is Coastal Carolina University known for?
Coastal Carolina University is known for being a public comprehensive liberal arts institution that seeks to develop students who are both knowledgeable in their chosen fields and prepared to be productive, responsible, healthy citizens with a global perspective
Is Coastal Carolina University a party school?
Yes. Coastal Carolina University is a party school.
The followings are popular majors at Coastal Carolina University:
- Business administration and management
- Marketing/marketing management
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Marine biology and biological oceanography
- Kinesiology and exercise science
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- Biology/biological sciences
- Sport and fitness administration/management
- Public health education and promotion
- Early childhood education and teaching
- Political science and government
- Resort management
- Graphic design
- Elementary education and teaching
- English language and literature
- Information technology
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Computer and information sciences
- Fine/studio arts
- Health/health care administration/management
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Applied mathematics
- Information science/studies
- Junior high/intermediate/middle school education and teaching
- Special education and teaching
- Foreign languages and literatures
- Business/managerial economics
- Humanities/humanistic studies
- Dramatic/theatre arts and stagecraft
- Engineering science
- Physical education teaching and coaching
- Art history, criticism and conservation