Governors State University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the Midwest region of the united state, Governors State University (GSU) was founded in 1969, originally as an upper-division institution with a primary focus on serving community college graduates pursuing baccalaureate degrees. During the five intervening decades, GSU has grown to become the only regional, public, comprehensive university in Chicago’s south suburban area, serving approximately 6,000 students annually in 85 different bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral, and certificate programs. GSU features a highly diverse faculty and staff of roughly 1,000 employees that reflect the students and community its serves. GSU provides accessible, high-value undergraduate and graduates education to culturally and economically diverse students from across the region and around the world.”
Is Governors State University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Governors State University is 48%. For every 100 applicants, 48 are admitted. This means the school is selective; hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Governors State University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is Governors State University a good school?
Yes, Governors State University is a good school committed to offering an exceptional and accessible education that prepares students with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a global society
What is Governors State University known for?
Governors State University is known for its expertise in guiding freshman and transfer students to discover the right degree program to excite their interests. The university’s extensive list of graduate programs prepares students in a variety of fields for the next level of academic achievement. The GSU experience includes a comprehensive student life, both on and off-campus, with on-campus housing; club sports and recreation; civic engagement; international student services; more than 70 student clubs and organizations; the world-renowned Nathan Manilow Sculpture Park, the Center for Performing Arts and much more
The followings are popular majors at Governors State University:
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- Business administration and management
- Criminal justice/safety studies
- Community health and preventive medicine
- Social work
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Computer science
- Information technology
- Hospital and health care facilities administration/management
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Communication sciences and disorders
- Elementary education and teaching
- English language and literature
- Early childhood education and teaching
- Biology/biological sciences
- Operations management and supervision
- Mass communication/media studies
- Political science and government
- Art/art studies
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Sociology and Anthropology