Hofstra University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the Northwest region of the United States, Hofstra University can help you get where you want to go, with small classes, dedicated faculty, and a beautiful, energized campus, plus all the opportunities of New York City within easy reach.
Find your future by choosing from about 150 undergraduate and about 160 graduate programs, in Liberal Arts and Sciences, Business, Communication, Education, Health and Human Services, and Honors studies, as well as a School of Law and School of Medicine. The student-faculty ratio of 14 to 1 and a priority on teaching excellence ensure you’re part of creating your own success.
Is Hofstra University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Hofstra University is 69%. For every 100 applicants, 69 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. The selection process for students is based on outstanding academic achievement, innovation, and curiosity.
Is Hofstra University a good school?
Hofstra University is a good school that provides quality education to its students in an environment that encourages, nurtures, and supports learning through the free and open exchange of ideas, for the betterment of humankind.
What is Hofstra University known for?
Hofstra University is known for providing students with an engaged, experiential, and highly ranked education that combines an intimate learning environment with all the resources of a large university, including state-of-the-art facilities for academics and student life and competitive Division I athletics.
Is Hofstra University a party school?
No, Hofstra University is not a party school.
What major is Hofstra University known for?
- Marketing/marketing management
- Radio, television, and digital communication
- Community health and preventive medicine
- Business administration and management
- Public relations/image management
- English language and literature
- Political science and government
- Radio and television
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Computer science
- Mechanical engineering
- Teacher education, multiple levels
- Audiology/audiologist and speech, language pathology/pathologist
- Biology/biological sciences
- Health services/allied health/health sciences
- Physician assistant
- International/global studies
- Engineering science
- Management sciences and quantitative methods
- Allied health diagnostic, intervention, and treatment professions
- Business/managerial economics
- Sustainability studies
- Business administration, management and operations
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Fine/studio arts
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Mass communication/media studies
- Music teacher education
- International business/trade/commerce
- Entrepreneurship/entrepreneurial studies
- Industrial engineering
- Public policy analysis
- Athletic training/trainer
- Computer and information systems security/information assurance
- Social studies teacher education
- Bioengineering and biomedical engineering
- Geology/earth science
- Logistics, materials, and supply chain management
- Business statistics
- Geographic information science and cartography
- Health/medical preparatory programs
- English/language arts teacher education
- Drama and dance teacher education
- Spanish language and literature
- Natural sciences
- Econometrics and quantitative economics
- Computer and information sciences, other
- Computer engineering
- Japanese language and literature
- Pre, medicine/pre, medical studies
- Asian studies/civilization
- Area studies
- Mathematics teacher education
- Teacher education and professional development, specific subject areas
- Civil engineering
- Comparative literature
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- Financial mathematics
- Multi, /interdisciplinary studies
- Environmental studies
- Broadcast journalism
- Foreign language teacher education
- Italian language and literature
- Classics and classical languages, literatures, and linguistics
- Religion/religious studies
- Social sciences
- Art history, criticism and conservation