Indiana University Northwest majors and acceptance rate
Located in the Midwest region of the united state, Indiana University Northwest is the IU campus serving residents of Northwest Indiana and Chicagoland. At IU Northwest, students have the opportunity to earn a world-renowned IU degree while remaining close to home. The school offers more than 70 undergraduate degrees from within the School of Education, College of Arts and Sciences, School of the Arts, College of Health and Human Services, School of Business and Economics, Nursing, Public and Environmental Affairs, and a variety of master’s degree and certificate programs. IU Northwest offers more than 20 graduate degree and certificate programs for professionals or postgraduates seeking to advance their careers.
Is Indiana University Northwest hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Indiana University Northwest is 82%. For every 100 applicants, 82 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Indiana University Northwest’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is Indiana University Northwest a good school?
Yes, Indiana University Northwest is a good school where students enjoy small class sizes and personal attention. Students receive academic and career support services to help them succeed in the classroom and after graduation.
What is Indiana University Northwest known for?
Indiana University Northwest is known for its excellent programs in the Arts & Sciences, Fine Arts, Business, the College of Health and Human Services, and the strong relationship with the IU School of Medicine – Northwest, the region’s only medical school, which is located on the campus.
The followings are popular majors at Indiana University Northwest:
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Liberal arts and sciences, general studies and humanities
- Social work
- Criminal justice/safety studies
- Health services administration
- Elementary education and teaching
- Biology/biological sciences
- Dental hygiene/hygienist
- Radiologic technology/science , radiographer
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Computer science
- Fine/studio arts
- Health information/medical records administration/administrator
- Registered nursing, nursing administration, nursing research and clinical nursing
- English language and literature
- Health and medical administrative services
- Geology/earth science
- Public administration
- Political science and government
- Mathematics teacher education
- Social studies teacher education
- Actuarial science
- Spanish language and literature
- Multi, /interdisciplinary studies
- Medical radiologic technology/science , radiation therapist
- Secondary education and teaching
- French language and literature
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Labor studies