Northern Illinois University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the Midwest region of the united state, Northern Illinois University is nationally recognized in quality, nationally ranked in value, and aimed at providing you with personal, career, and life success. Through internships, research, study abroad, over 300 student organizations, and more, the faculty and staff of NIU work hard to provide students with life-changing opportunities.
Is Northern Illinois University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Northern Illinois University is 59%. For every 100 applicants, 59 are admitted. This means the school is selective; hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Northern Illinois University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is Northern Illinois University a good school?
Yes, Northern Illinois University is a good school with a vision is to be an engine for innovation to advance social mobility; promote personal, professional, and intellectual growth; and transform the world through research, artistry, teaching, and outreach.
What is Northern Illinois University known for?
Northern Illinois University is known for its student’s empowerment through educational excellence and experiential learning as they pursue knowledge, share research and artistry, and engage communities for the benefit of the region, state, nation, and world.
The followings are popular majors at Northern Illinois University:
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Health/medical preparatory programs
- Marketing/marketing management
- Computer science
- Mechanical engineering
- Biology/biological sciences
- Human development and family studies
- Operations management and supervision
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Political science and government
- Management science
- Business administration and management
- Health and physical education/fitness
- Elementary education and teaching
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- English language and literature
- Public health
- Fine/studio arts
- Music performance
- Environmental studies
- Special education and teaching
- Communication sciences and disorders
- Art/art studies
- Physical education teaching and coaching
- Industrial engineering
- Spanish language and literature
- Human services
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Early childhood education and teaching
- Clinical laboratory science/medical technology/technologist
- Athletic training/trainer
- Junior high/intermediate/middle school education and teaching
- Community health services/liaison/counseling
- Apparel and textiles
- Atmospheric sciences and meteorology
- Geology/earth science
- Art teacher education
- Multi, /interdisciplinary studies
- Art history, criticism and conservation
- French language and literature
- Bioengineering and biomedical engineering
- German language and literature