Old Dominion University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the South region of the United States, Old Dominion University is Virginia’s forward-focused research university with rigorous academics, an energetic residential community, entrepreneurial research and collaboration, and initiatives that contribute nearly $2.6 billion annually to Virginia’s economy. The ODU campus boasts state-of-the-art academic facilities, 14 residence halls and amenities such as the Student Recreation Center.
Students can choose from over 120 undergraduate programs, over 130 graduate programs at the master’s, education specialist and doctoral levels and a wealth of certificate and professional development programs. They learn from experts in their chosen field, as their award-winning faculty bring real-world expertise to classrooms that foster innovation and collaboration.
Is Old Dominion University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Old Dominion University is 95%. For every 100 applicants, 95 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Old Dominion University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is Old Dominion University a good school?
Old Dominion University is a good school that focuses on student success, engages civic and community partners, and uses its connections with the military and maritime industries and its exceptional strengths and leadership in related areas to provide practical solutions to complex, real-world problems.
What is Old Dominion University known for?
Old Dominion University is known for providing students with full access to services such as academic advising, peer mentoring, and subject-specific resource centers. The Learning Commons at Perry Library provides students with 24/5 study space, computing resources, teamwork spaces, and even presentation practice rooms.
Is Old Dominion University a party school?
No, Old Dominion University is not a party school.
What major is Old Dominion University known for?
- Multi, /interdisciplinary studies
- Rhetoric and composition
- Mental and social health services and allied professions
- Biology/biological sciences
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Engineering technologies and engineering, related fields
- Business administration and management
- Management information systems
- Mechanical engineering
- Physical education teaching and coaching
- Health professions and related clinical sciences
- Computer and information sciences
- Marketing/marketing management
- English language and literature
- Teacher education and professional development, specific subject areas
- Civil engineering
- Parks, recreation and leisure facilities management
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Political science and government
- Art/art studies
- Sport and fitness administration/management
- Computer and information systems security/information assurance
- Audiology/audiologist and speech, language pathology/pathologist
- Dental hygiene/hygienist
- Computer engineering
- Music performance
- Art history, criticism and conservation
- Clinical laboratory science/medical technology/technologist
- International relations and affairs
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Business/managerial economics
- Nuclear medical technology/technologist
- Asian studies/civilization
- Foreign languages and literatures
- Geological and earth sciences/geosciences
- Women’s studies
- African, american/black studies