Southern Methodist University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the South region of the United States, Southern Methodist University is a nationally ranked private university with seven degree-granting schools, SMU is a distinguished center for teaching and research located in the heart of Dallas. SMU’s students benefit from small classes, leadership opportunities, international study, and innovative programs.
Is Southern Methodist University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Southern Methodist University is 53%. For every 100 applicants, 53 are admitted. This means the school is moderately selective; hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Southern Methodist University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is Southern Methodist University a good school?
Southern Methodist University is a good school that cultivates principled thought, develop intellectual skills, and promotes an environment emphasizing individual dignity and worth.
What is Southern Methodist University known for?
Southern Methodist University is known for being the home of the George W. Bush Presidential Center, housing the Bush Library and Museum and the independent Bush Institute. Also known for its small classes, research opportunities, and leadership development.
Is Southern Methodist University a party school?
No, Southern Methodist University is not a party school.
What major is Southern Methodist University known for?
- Sport and fitness administration/management
- Marketing/marketing management
- Mechanical engineering
- Biology/biological sciences
- Political science and government
- Computer science
- Liberal arts and sciences, general studies and humanities
- Health professions and related clinical sciences
- Operations research
- Real estate
- Communication and media studies
- Organizational communication
- Office management and supervision
- Public relations/image management
- Spanish language and literature
- International/global studies
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Public policy analysis
- Civil engineering
- International policy analysis
- Fine/studio arts
- Business administration and management
- English language and literature
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Cinematography and film/video production
- French language and literature
- Creative writing
- Environmental/environmental health engineering
- Music performance
- French studies
- Music therapy/therapist
- Environmental studies
- Design and applied arts
- Art history, criticism and conservation
- Religion/religious studies
- Music teacher education
- Voice and opera
- Financial planning and services
- Computer engineering
- Environmental science
- German language and literature
- Geology/earth science
- Keyboard instruments
- Chinese language and literature
- Medieval and renaissance studies
- Music theory and composition