Southwest Baptist University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the Midwest region of the united state, Southwest Baptist University is a Christian liberal arts university offering more than 100 areas of academic study at undergraduate and graduate levels throughout four physical campuses in Bolivar, Mountain View, Salem, and Springfield, Mo., plus an online campus.
Southwest Baptist University is a Christ-centered, caring academic community preparing students to be servant leaders in a global society. SBU is a leader among private universities in truly integrating Christ-centered academic pursuits with comprehensive professional programs at an affordable price. At SBU, the faculty and staff create a caring, academic community to prepare students to be servant leaders in a global society.
Is Southwest Baptist University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Southwest Baptist University is 73%. For every 100 applicants, 73 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; and not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Southwest Baptist University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is Southwest Baptist University a good school?
Yes, Southwest Baptist University is a good Liberal arts school that provides both breadth and depth. Breadth is offered across the curriculum with coursework in the arts, sciences, and humanities, with the goal of preparing students for life. Depth is provided through the major, which focuses on preparation for work in a specific field.
What is Southwest Baptist University known for?
Southwest Baptist University is known for the fusing of the liberal arts with career preparation and the Christian faith with learning. Southwest Baptist University is Christ-centered. From its inception, and continuing today, the University is a distinctively Christian and Baptist institution supporting a Christian worldview.
The followings are popular majors at Southwest Baptist University:
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Elementary education and teaching
- Kinesiology and exercise science
- Social work
- Computer science
- Biology/biological sciences
- Sport and fitness administration/management
- Health and medical administrative services
- Marketing/marketing management
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Religious education
- Criminal justice/law enforcement administration
- Computer and information sciences
- Political science and government
- Business administration and management
- Physical education teaching and coaching
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- International business/trade/commerce
- Organizational communication
- English/language arts teacher education
- Theological and ministerial studies
- Bible/biblical studies
- Missions/missionary studies and missiology
- Commercial and advertising art
- Art/art studies
- Athletic training/trainer
- Public relations/image management
- Junior high/intermediate/middle school education and teaching
- Music teacher education
- Social science teacher education
- English language and literature
- Multi/interdisciplinary studies
- Accounting and related services
- Art teacher education
- Science teacher education/general science teacher education
- Biology teacher education
- Chemistry teacher education
- English language and literature/letters
- Religious/sacred music