Last Updated on
The page contains National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) cut off mark and Admission Requirements for 2019/2020 sessions
If you’re yet to write JAMB and you are here looking for JAMB cut off marks for NOUN, that is a bad way to failure….. I personally will not recommend that you read this page. But if you’re seeking for admission requirements that’s nice. You can read on how to pass JAMB here
Checking cut-off NOUN before you write JAMB will limit your mindset towards aiming high. Assuming NOUN cut off mark is 180, your mind will juggle to score above 180. But If you don’t have that mindset of checking UI cut-off, your mind will aim higher because you really don’t know what you are up against.
This page is for those who have written JAMB and have seen their scores. Now, they want to know if their JAMB score meet the cut-off mark of NOUN
The second category of people who should visit this page is those who want to know the admission requirements that is how to gain admission into NOUN and the required documents for admission.
National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) Duration of Programme
- NOUN operates a flexible mode of study which allows a student to determine the pace, place, time and medium of study. Students’ support facilities are available at all our Study Centres nationwide.
National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) Admission into 100 Level
- Five credits in the SSCE/GCE O’ Level/NECO/NABTEB or equivalents at not more than two (2) sittings obtained in subjects relevant to the proposed field(s) of study.
- Teachers’ Grade II Certificate with a minimum of five merits of its combination with any of the certificates listed under (i) to obtain the equivalent of five credits at O’ Levels.
- Candidates seeking admission into School of Law must have five (5) credits including English Language, Literature in English and at least a Pass in Mathematics at not more than two (2) sittings in NECO/SSCE or GCE O/L only.
- The School of Arts and Social Sciences requires that one of the five credits or merits must be in English Language, while at least two (2) should be in subjects relevant to the proposed field.
- For School of Business and Human Resources Management, the credit passes must include English and Mathematics.
- For School of Education, the credit passes must include Mathematics for Science Education applicants and English Language for all humanities. Additionally, those in Science Education must have credit in English Language.
- For School of Science and Technology, the credit passes must include Mathematics and English Language.
National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) Admission into 200 Level (For Direct Entry)
- National Diploma from recognized institutions.
- Nigerian Certificate in Education (NCE) in subject(s) relevant to the proposed programme of study (except)Early Childhood and Primary Education Programme with a minimum of one merit and two passes.
- International Baccalaureates, Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) with at least two ‘A’ level papers in relevant subjects and pre-requisites number of ‘O’ level credit passes.
- Candidates for entry into School of Law must have a minimum of second class (lower) degree from any recognized university with at least five credits including English Language, Literature in English and a pass in Mathematics at not more than two sittings in NECO/SSCE or GCE ‘O’ level only.
National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) Other Requirements
- Five credit passes at SSCE/GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ level must be in subjects relevant to the proposed field(s) of study.
- A credit level pass in Mathematics is required for all Sciences and Technology, Business Education and Science Education Programmes. A pass in Mathematics may be considered for Social Sciences Programmes. Also, a pass in English Language may be considered for Physics and Mathematics Programmes.
- Candidates applying for B.A English, B.A. (Ed) English and B.Sc. Mass Communication must have a credit in Literature in English.
- Prior knowledge and relevant work experience (including first degree/HND/RN) may be considered for advanced placement and waiver.
- Candidates awaiting results of any relevant examination may also apply; they should, however, note that processing of application will not be completed until entry requirements are met.
These are the required screening documents to gain admission into NOUN
- O level or A level certificate
- Birth certificate
- Local Government Certificate
- Admission letter
- Acceptance receipt
- Personal data form
- More details here
What is NOUN cut-off mark 2019?
Permit me to quickly explain what cut off mark is and why universities in Nigeria use it as a yardstick for admission.
Cut off mark is a simple English word which means a designated limit beyond which something cannot function or must be terminated. NOUN UTME Cut off mark is the required score from you by the university in order to gain admission to study your desired score. Those who sit for JAMB are called UTME candidates. This simple means JAMB is not the only way for you to gain admission into NOUN
While JAMB has the power to set cut off marks for universities, though some schools may have an understanding with JAMB to increase or decrease their cut off marks due to personal school policy. Mind you, Post UTME score is not the same with JAMB UTME score. You may pass JAMB and fail POST UTME.
NOUN JAMB UTME cut off mark is 180 and may change depending on school policy. This cut off is only applicable to some departmental courses in NOUN as some may require you to score above. Most often, competitive courses are usually the ones with higher JAMB cut off marks in other to reduce the entrance and overcrowd while the non-competitive courses follow the default cut off mark.
Follow Fatherprada on Facebook
- University of Jos (UNIJOS) cut off mark and Admission Requirements
- Rhema University Admission Requirements
- TASUED Cut off mark and Admission Requirements
- Bayero University cut off mark and Admission Requirements
- Benson Idahosa University cut off mark & Admission Requirements
- Ignatius Ajuru University cut off mark and Admission Requirement
- NDA cut off mark and Admission Requirements
- Kaduna State University cut off mark and Admission Requirements
- FUNAAB cut off mark and Admission Requirement
- FUTA cutoff mark and Admission Requirements