The page contains University of Jos (UNIJOS) cut off mark and Admission Requirements
If you’re yet to write JAMB and you are here looking for JAMB cut off marks for UNIJOS, that is a bad way to fail….. I personally will not recommend that you read this page. But if you’re seeking UNIJOS admission requirements that’s nice. You can read on how to pass JAMB here
Checking cut-off UNIJOS before you write JAMB will limit your mindset towards aiming high. Assuming UNIJOS cut off mark is 180, your mind will juggle to score above 180. But If you don’t have that mindset of checking the cut-off, your mind will aim higher because you really don’t know what you are up against.
This page is for those who have written JAMB and have seen their scores. Now, they want to know if their JAMB score meets the cut-off mark of UNIJOS. The second category of people who should visit this page is those who want to know the admission requirements that is how to gain admission into UNIJOS and the required documents for admission.
University of Jos (UNIJOS) Admission Requirements through Jamb UTME
- As a general requirement, University of Jos accepts five (5) ‘O’ level credits including English Language and other departmental requirements as stated in the relevant sections of the brochure. Jos accepts SSCE, WASSCE, NECO and NABTEB in not more than two (2) sittings.
- Candidates are required to pass the post UTME screening of the University in addition to obtaining the national minimum cut-off marks.
University of Jos (UNIJOS) Admission Requirements for Direct Entry
- University of Jos (unijos) accepts advanced level GCE, IJMB, HSC with at least two passes in principal subjects.
- University of Jos (unijos) accepts its own Diploma and other Diploma/HND with lower or upper credit of not less than two years duration obtained from institutions recognized by the University of Jos and such Diplomas must be duly accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) or by the recognized/professional or accreditation bodies.
- University of Jos (unijos) accepts NCE for courses in Education at credit/merit level. JOS accepts NCE pass in Language and Communication skills as equivalent to ‘O’ level credit in English Language, provided such candidates are given Direct Entry admission to read Education courses only.
- University of Jos (unijos) accepts IJMB ‘O’ level pass
These are the required screening documents to gain admission into UNIJOS
- O level or A level certificate
- Birth certificate
- Local Government Certificate
- Admission letter
- Acceptance receipt
- Personal data form
- More details here
What is UNIJOS cut-off mark?
Permit me to quickly explain what a cut off mark is and why Universities in Nigeria use it as a yardstick for admission. Cut off mark is a simple English word that means a designated limit beyond which something cannot function or must be terminated. UNIJOS UTME Cut off mark is the required score from you by the university in order to gain admission to study your desired score.
Those who sit for JAMB are called UTME candidates. This simple means JAMB is not the only way for you to gain admission into UNIJOS
While JAMB has the power to set cut off marks for universities, though some schools may have an understanding with JAMB to increase or decrease their cut off marks due to personal school policy. Mind you, Post UTME score is not the same with JAMB UTME score. You may pass JAMB and fail POST UTME.