MBA is one of the most sought-after courses today and pursuing an MBA online or abroad would give a student practical knowledge, better work opportunities, and options for Permanent residency in countries like Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. It is therefore important to choose the place of study wisely before applying.
5 Best Countries to Study MBA Courses Abroad
The nation has only 46 million people yet management education has continued to boom over the last three decades. Spain has emerged as an alternative education destination in Europe. Three of the top-rated European MBA programs are located in Madrid and Barcelona. Spain has a completely different culture than other countries in Europe, which will be an interesting experience for the MBA student.
The one thing students should keep in mind is the fact that although education in Spain is bi-lingual, out-of-classroom conversations with students and professors will be in Spanish. So it is advisable to brush up your Spanish conversational skills.
Top MBA Schools in Spain:
- IESE University Barcelona
- ESADE University Barcelona
- IE University Madrid
Australia is another popular study destination with students, as this country offers affordable education opportunities with no compromise on quality. Factors like weather being similar to Nigeria, relaxed student life and culture, and a strong African community add up to the study experience.
MBA colleges in Australia offer specialized research training and it is mandatory for applicants to clear exams like GMAT, IELTS/TOEFL. The cutoff scores would be 550+ for GMAT, for IELTS 6 overall, and TOEFL would be above 90.
Top MBA Schools in Australia:
- Melbourne Business School, University of Melbourne
- Australian School of Business, University of New South Wales
- Sydney Business School (SBS), University of Wollongong
- Macquarie Graduate School of Management (MGSM), Macquarie University
- Faculty of Business and Economics, Monash University
- School of Management – Queensland University of Technology
- Curtin Business School
Canada is home to many of the world’s largest and influential companies and is a hot favourite among international students when it comes to doing an MBA. Canada is a popular destination for MBA as it promises much more than just good education. Its economy is thriving in industries like oil & gas, mining, manufacturing, agriculture, and forestry.
The impact a good economy has on student life can be felt once you finish your degree, and are at the stage of looking for jobs. Easy availability of good jobs and immigration possibilities is what makes Canada such an attractive place to study at.
Top MBA Schools in Canada:
- York University Schulich’s Business School
- University of Toronto: Rotman School
- University of British Columbia’s Sauder Business School
- Queen’s School Of Business, Queen’s University
- Saint John Faculty of Business, University of New Brunswick
- Mcgill University’s Desautels School
- Ivey Business School, Western University Canada
The US is one of the most popular business school destinations with the most prestigious MBA schools in the world. Pursuing an MBA from the top-notch universities of USA is an advantage in itself, but along with it students also get strong infrastructural support, great internships and exposure to the latest content and technology besides practical training through projects.
Exposure to the business environment during internships in top companies grooms MBA students into future entrepreneurs and business executives.
The main factor that differentiates US MBA schools from the rest of the world is the fact that American MBA is all about expanding your network and knowing the right people. Ultimately it will be this network of people which will help budding entrepreneurs.
To get into US MBA schools, the quality of work experience is given a bit more preference over academic records. It is mandatory for the applicants to clear GMAT and English proficiency tests like TOEFL or IELTS.
Top MBA schools in the USA:
- Booth School of Business, University of Chicago
- Harvard Business School
- The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
- Stanford Graduate School of Business
The United Kingdom has always been the favourite study abroad destination among African students. London is one of the leading finance and banking centres, and other cities of UK offer excellent opportunities in the services industry.
This reflects in UK business schools’ international reputation not only through a rigorous academic approach but also through high salaries and excellent job opportunities after graduating. In fact, in 2007 UK’s business schools taught more MBAs per year than the rest of Europe put together, according to a British Council research document.
The fact that the UK has a strong African population base is what makes this country an attractive destination for African students, as students travelling from Africa find it a lot more comforting to be around people with similar backgrounds.
Top MBA schools in the UK:
- London Business School (LBS)
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
- University of Oxford – Said Business School
- University of Cambridge – Judge Business School
- University of Warwick – Warwick Business School
- Manchester Business School – The University of Manchester
- University of Strathclyde – Strathclyde Business School
- Lancaster University Management School
- Imperial College Business School