Last updated on August 15, 2020 by The Counselor
Universities that offers French
So you want to study French… This means you’re an Art student but do have what it takes? I mean, it is not enough to know the list of Nigerian Universities that offers French. You also need to know the WAEC subject that you need to study French as well as the JAMB subjects.
Do you? If no, use the search box below to know the subject combination you need to qualify and study French in Nigeria. This the first steps toward studying French in Nigeria universities. You will need other documents too for pre-screening and Matriculation screening.
Your JAMB score, Post UTME score and WAEC Grade will be calculated and the aggregate score is what determine if you qualify to study French. Moreover, those who got their O level result in one sitting have a better chance of getting admission to study French than those using two sittings.
Do you know that French is one of the most popular courses in Nigeria and very competitive in the university? Competitiveness means many students want to gain admission to study this course.
Once a course is competitive, it simply means certain measures are put in place to make sure they limit the number of students they can admit. Such limitation includes high jamb cut off mark, a limited number of admissible students, strict subject combinations etc.
But what is so special about this course… Let me give you a little info about French before you go through the list of universities that offers French in Nigeria.
Studying French at University level will allow you to enhance your knowledge of French language and culture. You will gain insights into aspects of life in French and Francophone society; you will also improve your comprehension of contemporary French idiom and your oral and written communication skills in terms of fluency and appropriate linguistic register.
Departments of French throughout the country provide expertise in a wide range of subjects, including literature, cultural history, cinema, visual culture, translation and linguistics. As part of your degree, you get to spend a year abroad (in French-speaking country) in order to refine your knowledge of the language and deepen your insights into the target culture.
You also ought to know which Faculty this French course belongs to in the university. French course can be studied under diifferent Faculties. Same course but a different approach. Below is a comprehensive list of higher institutions in Nigeria that offers French.
Courses related to French
Use the search box below to get information about these courses
- French and International Relation
Here are the list of universities that offers French in Nigeria:
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Covenant University Ota
- Crown Hill University Eiyenkorin, Kwara State
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Ekiti State University
- Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State (FULAFIA)
- Federal University, Ndifu-Alike, Ebonyi State (FUNAI)
- Fountain University, Oshogbo
- Gregory University, Uturu
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna (KASU)
- Kwara State University, Ilorin (KWASU)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai (IBBU)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Nasarawa State University Keffi (NSUK)
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Nigeria Police Academy Wudil
- Taraba State University, Jalingo (TSUJ)
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- Umar Musa Yar’ Adua University Katsina (UMYU)
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- The University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Uyo