Last Updated on
Universities offering Nutrition and Dietetics
So you want to study Nutrition and Dietetics… This means you’re a science student but do have what it takes? I mean, it is not enough to know the list of Nigerian Universities that offers Nutrition and Dietetics. You also need to know the WAEC subject that you need to study Nutrition and Dietetics as well as the JAMB subjects.
Do you? If no, use the search box below to know the subject combination you need to qualify and study Nutrition and Dietetics in Nigeria. This the first steps toward studying Nutrition and Dietetics in Nigeria universities. You will need other documents too for pre-screening and Matriculation screening.
Your JAMB score, Post UTME score and WAEC Grade will be calculated and the aggregate score is what determine if you qualify to study Nutrition and Dietetics. Moreover, those who got their O level result in one sitting have a better chance of getting admission to study Nutrition and Dietetics than those using two sittings.
Do you know that Nutrition and Dietetics is one of the most popular courses in Nigeria though not competitive in the university? Competitiveness means many students want to gain admission to study this course.
Once a course is competitive, it simply means certain measures are put in place to make sure they limit the number of students they can admit. Such limitation includes high jamb cut off mark, a limited number of admissible students, strict subject combinations etc.
But what is so special about this course… Let me give you a little info about Nutrition and Dietetics before you go through the list of universities that offers Nutrition and Dietetics in Nigeria.
Nutritionists and dietitians break down scientific knowledge about food in relation to health and disease, then translate it into practical information to help people change eating habits and improve their health. It covers the core biomedical sciences of physiology with biochemistry and the professional practice of communication and ethics.
Nutrition and Dietetics degree course is designed to produce graduates who can effectively deliver quality preventative nutritional practice within a wide range of settings including health education, health promotion and public health. The degree also offers several opportunities for graduates to continue studying in a number of health or education related specializations.
You also ought to know which Faculty this Nutrition and Dietetics course belongs to in the university. Nutrition and Dietetics course can be studied under diifferent Faculties. Same course but a different approach. Below is a comprehensive list of higher institutions in Nigeria that offers Nutrition and Dietetics.
Courses related to Nutrition and Dietetics
Use the search box below to get information about these courses
- Human Nutrition and Dietetics
- Home Science, Nutrition and Dietetics
- Animal Nutrition and Biotechnology
Here are the list of universities that offers Nutrition and Dietetics in Nigeria:
- Bells University of Technology
- Imo State University (imsu)
- Nasarawa State University
- Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta
- University of Nigeria Nsukka
- Wesley University
- Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Bayero University, Kano
- Wesley University of Science & Technology
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- 9 Universities that offer Food Science and Technology in Nigeria
- 16 List of Best Agricultural Courses in 2019
- 100 List of Agricultural courses in Nigeria Universities
- 31 Universities that offers Nursing in Nigeria
- 6 Universities that offers Building Technology in Nigeria
- 8 Universities that offers Information Technology in Nigeria
- 23 List of Medical Courses in Nigeria Universities
- 40 Universities that offers Medicine and Surgery in Nigeria
- 10 Universities that offer Veterinary in Nigeria
- 17 Universities that offers Fisheries in Nigeria