Courses Under Social Work Degree
On this article, I am going to list out some Social Work course outlines in Nigeria Universities which you will study before you can to become a Social Work graduate. Normally, a course outline should contain; course name, course description, course hours etc… but I am going to skip that information and go straight to Social Work subjects for university students.
I will only list out the course names excluding GST Courses and those courses with part II and III to avoid too much information. There is no guarantee that the listed Social Work subjects (courses) will be fully covered in your school because universities in Nigeria does not use a uniform curriculum.
Nevertheless, you will study 97% of Social Work courses listed here.
The following Social Work courses listed here do not follow the traditional course structure and they have been arranged in alphabetical order. Notwithstanding, the list here covers 100 level courses, 200 level courses 300 courses and 400 level courses.
The following are the list of Core Social Work Courses
- Abuses in family
- Advanced integrative seminar
- Block field practicum
- Communication skills in social work
- Community development practice
- Community development theories
- Concurrent field practicum
- Critical perspectives in international social work
- Critical social work theories
- Cross-cultural social work practice
- Economic development and social work
- Introduction of statistics for social workers
- Introduction to indigenous social welfare
- Introduction to indigenous social work practice.
- Introduction to social welfare
- Introduction to social work
- Introduction to social work research
- Law and social work
- Occupational/Industrial social work
- Professional and ethical issues of social work
- Program evaluation research
- Rural social work
- School social work
- Sexuality and social work
- Social policy analysis and planning
- Social work administration
- Social work in correctional institutions
- Social work in health setting
- Social work intervention with groups
- Social work invention with individuals and families
- Social work with elderly people
- Social work with mentally with challenged people
- Social work with people living with HIV/AIDS
- Social work with persons with a physical disability
- Social work with women
You should read this also;
My subjects are
Computer science,is it okay?