California Polytechnic State University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the Western region of the United States, California Polytechnic State University (Cal Poly) is one of five comprehensive polytechnic universities in the U.S., with about 18,000 undergraduate and 900 graduate students. Located in San Luis Obispo, 200 miles north of Los Angeles, Cal Poly maintains a guiding philosophy of “Learn By Doing” that is reflected in the school’s comprehensive curriculum combining technical and professional training with the arts and humanities. When you graduate from Cal Poly, you won’t just know theory you will be able to think critically and know how to solve real-world problems.
Is California Polytechnic State University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at California Polytechnic State University is 38%. For every 100 applicants, 38 are admitted. This means the school is selective; hard to get into. The selection process for students is based on outstanding academic achievement, innovation, and curiosity.
Is California Polytechnic State University a good school?
California Polytechnic State University is a good school that provides a balanced education in the arts, sciences, and technology, while encouraging cross-disciplinary and co-curricular experiences.
What is California Polytechnic State University known for?
California Polytechnic State University is known for its Aerospace & Computer Engineering, Architecture and Design and top 10 colleges for highest paid graduates in the field of Education. Best public, master’s-level university in the West by U.S. News & World Report.
Is California Polytechnic State University a party school?
Yes, California Polytechnic State University is a party school.
What major is California Polytechnic State University known for?
- Business administration and management
- Mechanical engineering
- Biology/biological sciences
- Computer science
- Agribusiness/agricultural business operations
- Civil engineering
- Animal sciences
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Architectural and building sciences/technology
- Aerospace-aeronautical and astronautical/space engineering
- Bioengineering and biomedical engineering
- Computer engineering
- Industrial engineering
- Health and physical education/fitness
- Construction management
- Graphic communications
- Natural resources management and policy
- Parks-recreation and leisure studies
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- Political science and government
- Early childhood education and teaching
- Agronomy and crop science
- Industrial technology/technician
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Computer software engineering
- Nutrition sciences
- Fine/studio arts
- English language and literature
- Agricultural engineering
- Architectural engineering
- Environmental/environmental health engineering
- Materials engineering
- Geological and earth sciences/geosciences
- Social sciences
- Food science
- Liberal arts and sciences-general studies and humanities
- Landscape architecture
- Agricultural communication/journalism
- Ethnic-cultural minority-gender-and group studies
- Dairy science
- Marine sciences
- City/urban-community and regional planning
- Engineering science
- Agricultural mechanization
- Manufacturing engineering
- Foreign languages and literatures
- Multi-/interdisciplinary studies
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Spanish language and literature
- Soil science and agronomy
- Public health