Last Updated on
Universities offering Petroleum Engineering
So you want to study Petroleum Engineering… This means you’re a Science student but do have what it takes? I mean, it is not enough to know the list of Nigerian Universities that offer Petroleum Engineering. You also need to know the WAEC subject that you need to study Petroleum Engineering as well as the JAMB subjects.
Do you? If no, use the search box below to know the subject combination you need to qualify and study Petroleum Engineering in Nigeria. This the first steps toward studying Petroleum Engineering in Nigeria universities. You will need other documents too for pre-screening and Matriculation screening.
Your JAMB score, Post UTME score and WAEC Grade will be calculated and the aggregate score is what determine if you qualify to study Petroleum Engineering. Moreover, those who got their O level result in one sitting have a better chance of getting admission to study Petroleum Engineering than those using two sittings.
Do you know that Petroleum Engineering is one of the most popular courses in Nigeria and very competitive in university? Competitiveness means many students want to gain admission to study this course.
Once a course is competitive, it simply means certain measures are put in place to make sure they limit the number of students they can admit. Such limitation includes high jamb cut off mark, a limited number of admissible students, strict subject combinations etc.
But what is so special about this course… Let me give you a little info about Petroleum Engineering before you go through the list of universities that offers Petroleum Engineering in Nigeria.
Petroleum engineering is an engineering discipline concerned with the activities related to the production of hydrocarbons, which can be either crude oil or natural gas. Subsurface activities are deemed to fall within the upstream sector of the oil and gas industry, which are the activities of finding and producing hydrocarbons.
Students will learn about petroleum geology and geophysics which focus on the provision of a static description of the hydrocarbon reservoir rock, while petroleum engineering focuses on estimation of the recoverable volume of this resource using a detailed understanding of the physical behaviour of oil, water and gas within porous rock at very high pressure.
The duration of the course is four/five years and it may be offered by some certain institutes on a correspondence basis as well. After the completion of the course, the candidates are given a lot of job opportunities in the petroleum sector
Below is a comprehensive list of higher institutions in Nigeria that offers Petroleum Engineering. If there is a university not listed, please indicate by leaving a comment.
Courses related to Petroleum Engineering
Use the search box below to get information about these courses
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Mineral Resources Engineering Technology
- Geology and Petroleum Studies
- Petroleum Chemistry
- Energy and Petroleum Studies
Here are the list of universities that offer Petroleum Engineering in Nigeria:
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Covenant University Ota
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO)
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- Igbinedion University Okada
- Madonna University, Okija
- Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU)
- Ondo State University of Science and Technology Okitipupa (OSUSTECH)
- River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST)
- University of Uyo
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- 4 Universities that offer Marine Engineering in Nigeria
- Universities that offer Sport Science in Nigeria
- 4 Universities that offer Telecommunication Engineering in Nigeria
- 23 Universities that offer Computer Engineering in Nigeria
- Universities that offer Biomedical Engineering in Nigeria
- 100 List of Engineering Courses in Nigeria Universities
- 9 Universities that offer Food Science and Technology in Nigeria
- 6 Engineering Courses Offered in University of Port Harcourt
- 6 Universities that offers Building Technology in Nigeria
- 47 Universities that offer Civil Engineering in Nigeria