Universities offering Medical Laboratory Science
So you want to study Medical Laboratory Science… This means you’re a Science student but do have what it takes? I mean, it is not enough to know the list of Nigerian Universities that offer Medical Laboratory Science. You also need to know the WAEC subject that you need to study Medical Laboratory Science as well as the JAMB subjects.
Do you? If no, use the search box below to know the subject combination you need to qualify and study Medical Laboratory Science in Nigeria. This the first steps toward studying Medical Laboratory Science in Nigeria universities. You will need other documents too for pre-screening and Matriculation screening.
Your JAMB score, Post UTME score and WAEC Grade will be calculated and the aggregate score is what determine if you qualify to study Medical Laboratory Science. Moreover, those who got their O level result in one sitting have a better chance of getting admission to study Medical Laboratory Science than those using two sittings.
Do you know that Medical Laboratory Science is one of the most popular courses in Nigeria and very competitive in university? Competitiveness means many students want to gain admission to study this course.
Once a course is competitive, it simply means certain measures are put in place to make sure they limit the number of students they can admit. Such limitation includes high jamb cut off mark, a limited number of admissible students, strict subject combinations etc.
But what is so special about this course… Let me give you a little info about Medical Laboratory Science before you go through the list of universities that offers Medical Laboratory Science in Nigeria. Medical Laboratory Science is taught under five disciplines: Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, Medical Microbiology, Histopathology and Immunology including Instrumentation and Pharmacology.
You will learn how to use sophisticated medical equipment to analyze biological fluids, blood, urine, cerebral-spinal fluid, secretions, excretions, or tissue samples for bacterial infection, hormone levels, and other chemical components affecting human health. The student also at the end of the course acquires the expertise to fabricate new equipment or repair or modify existing ones, refine old techniques or introduce new diagnostic procedures..
Below is a comprehensive list of higher institutions in Nigeria that offers Medical Laboratory Science. If there is a university not listed, please indicate by leaving a comment.
Courses related to Medical Laboratory Science
Use the search box below to get information about these courses
- Biomedical Engineering
- Biomedical Informatics
- Medical Biochemistry
Here are the list of universities that offer Medical Laboratory Science in Nigeria:
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Achievers University, Owo
- Babcock University,Ilishan-Remo
- Bayero University, Kano
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- University of Ilorin (Unilorin)
- Igbinedion University Okada
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- Madonna University, Okija
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU)
- River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST)
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
Pls what is d cut of mark for d course?
Pls what is cutoff of MLS In UI