Last Updated on
List of State, Federal and Private Universities offering Nursing
So you want to study Nursing… This means you’re a Science student but do have what it takes? I mean, it is not enough to know the list of Nigerian Universities that offers Nursing. You also need to know the WAEC subject that you need to study Nursing as well as the JAMB subjects.
Do you? If no, use the search box below to know the subject combination you need to qualify and study Nursing in Nigeria. This the first steps toward studying Nursing in Nigeria universities. You will need other documents too for pre-screening and Matriculation screening.
Your JAMB score, Post UTME score and WAEC Grade will be calculated and the aggregate score is what determine if you qualify to study Nursing. Moreover, those who got their O level result in one sitting have a better chance of getting admission to study Nursing than those using two sittings.
Do you know that Nursing is one of the most popular courses in Nigeria and very competitive in university? Competitiveness means many students want to gain admission to study this course.
Once a course is competitive, it simply means certain measures are put in place to make sure they limit the number of students they can admit. Such limitation includes high jamb cut off mark, a limited number of admissible students, strict subject combinations etc.
But what is so special about this course… Let me give you a little info about Nursing before you go through the list of state, federal and private universities that offers Nursing in Nigeria.
Nursing is a healthcare branch focused, not on direct medical techniques, but on the care of individuals, families, and communities who are unwell or in need of help, so they may maintain health and quality of life. If hospitals were a film set, the doctors and surgeons would be the actors and actresses, while nurses would be the lighting and make-up – you may think the stars could do a job without them, but really they’d be stuck.
You learn a complete set of medical skills. Think nursing is all about sticking needles in arms You’re wrong. Your training spans health science, social science, technology and theory. Better get revising. Having all the problems of the patients – and the doctors – thrown at you at once is a challenge, but many nurses say this is what they thrive on. If you like variety and a job that keeps you on your toes, this is for you.
Degree in Nursing/Nursing Science is one of the known course that deals with the management of human health and its immediate environment with or without a physician. Females have been known to major in this course.
You also ought to know which Faculty this Nursing course belongs to in the university. Nursing course can be studied under diifferent Faculties. Same course but a different approach. Below is a comprehensive list of state, federal and private universities in Nigeria that offers Nursing. If there is a university not listed, please indicate by leaving a comment.
Courses related to Nursing
Use the search box below to get information about these courses
- Public Health Technology
- Medicine and Surgery
- Nutrition and Dietetics
Here are the list of universities that offers Nursing in Nigeria:
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Bayero University, Kano
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- Igbinedion University Okada
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Madonna University, Okija
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU)
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- The University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN)
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- Achievers University, Owo
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Adeleke University Ede (AUE)
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Federal University, Birnin Kebbi (FUBK)
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- 4 Universities that offer Marine Engineering in Nigeria
- 6 Universities that offers Building Technology in Nigeria
- 7 Universities that offers Optometry in Nigeria
- 11 Universities that offers Nutrition and Dietetics in Nigeria
- 13 Universities that offers Fisheries and Aquaculture in Nigeria
- 40 Universities that offers Medicine and Surgery in Nigeria
- 8 Universities that offers Information Technology in Nigeria
- 10 Universities that offers Social Work in Nigeria
- 9 Universities that offer Food Science and Technology in Nigeria
- 19 Universities that offers Business Management in Nigeria