Last updated on August 15, 2020 by The Counselor
Universities offering Architecture
So you want to study Architecture… This means you’re a Science student but do have what it takes? I mean, it is not enough to know the list of Nigerian Universities that offer Architecture. You also need to know the WAEC subject that you need to study Architecture as well as the JAMB subjects.
Do you? If no, use the search box below to know the subject combination you need to qualify and study Architecture in Nigeria. This the first steps toward studying Architecture in Nigeria universities. You will need other documents too for pre-screening and Matriculation screening.
Your JAMB score, Post UTME score and WAEC Grade will be calculated and the aggregate score is what determine if you qualify to study Architecture. Moreover, those who got their O level result in one sitting have a better chance of getting admission to study Architecture than those using two sittings.
Do you know that Architecture is one of the most popular courses in Nigeria and very competitive in university? Competitiveness means many students want to gain admission to study this course.
Once a course is competitive, it simply means certain measures are put in place to make sure they limit the number of students they can admit. Such limitation includes high jamb cut off mark, a limited number of admissible students, strict subject combinations etc.
But what is so special about this course… Let me give you a little info about Architecture before you go through the list of universities that offer Architecture in Nigeria.
Architecture is concerned with the design and construction of buildings in their sociological, technical and environmental contexts. There is increasing recognition of architecture as one of the top intellectual disciplines, an art form, and a technical profession intimately linked with the single largest sector of investment in the economy. Architects are called upon to design and execute building projects and resolve other issues related to the man-made environment in a variety of settings.
More so, Architects are the licensed professionals trained in the art and science of building. They are involved in all the phases of the construction of a building i.e. the functional, safety, economical and have to satisfy the needs of its occupants. They are responsible for the planning, designing and supervision of construction works for houses, office buildings, skyscrapers, landscapes, and even entire cities.
You also ought to know which Faculty this Architecture course belongs to in the university. Architecture course can be studied under diifferent Faculties. Same course but a different approach. Below is a comprehensive list of higher institutions in Nigeria that offer Architecture. If there is a university not listed, please indicate by leaving a comment.
Courses related to Architecture
Use the search box below to get information about these courses
- Building Engineering Technology
- Building Technology Education
- Civil Engineering
- Maintenance Engineering Technology
Here are the list of universities that offer Architecture in Nigeria:
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano
- Bells University of Technology, Otta
- Caleb University, Lagos
- Caritas University, Enugu
- Covenant University Ota
- Cross River State University of Science &Technology, Calabar (CRUTECH)
- Crescent University (CUAB)
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO)
- Godfrey Okoye University, Ugwuomu-Nike – Enugu State
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna (KASU)
- Kano University of Science & Technology, Wudil (KUST)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- Federal University of Technology, Minna
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST)
- Tansian University, Umunya
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Uyo
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTY).