Universities offering Civil Engineering
So you want to study Civil Engineering… This means you’re a Science student but do have what it takes? I mean, it is not enough to know the list of Nigerian Universities that offer Civil Engineering. You also need to know the WAEC subject that you need to study Civil Engineering as well as the JAMB subjects.
Do you? If not, use the search box below to know the subject combination you need to qualify and study Civil Engineering in Nigeria. This the first steps toward studying Civil Engineering in Nigerian universities. You will need other documents too for pre-screening and Matriculation screening.
Your JAMB score, Post UTME score and WAEC Grade will be calculated and the aggregate score is what determine if you qualify to study Civil Engineering. Moreover, those who got their O level result in one sitting have a better chance of getting admission to study Civil Engineering than those using two sittings.
Do you know that Civil Engineering is one of the most popular courses in Nigeria and very competitive in university? Competitiveness means many students want to gain admission to study this course.
Once a course is competitive, it simply means certain measures are put in place to make sure they limit the number of students they can admit. Such limitation includes high jamb cut off mark, a limited number of admissible students, strict subject combinations etc.
But what is so special about this course… Let me give you a little info about Civil Engineering before you go through the list of universities that offers Civil Engineering in Nigeria.
When it comes to Engineering, Civil Engineering is one of the broadest and oldest of the engineering disciplines, extending across many technical specialities. Civil Engineers plan, design, and supervise the construction of facilities essential to modern life like space satellites and launching facilities, offshore structures, bridges, buildings, tunnels, highways, transit systems, dams, airports, harbours, water supply system and wastewater treatment plants.
A civil engineer is responsible for planning and designing a project, constructing the project to the required scale, and maintenance of the project. A civil engineer requires not only a high standard of engineering knowledge but also supervisory and administrative skills.
Below is a comprehensive list of higher institutions in Nigeria that offers Civil Engineering. If there is a university not listed, please indicate by leaving a comment.
Courses related to Civil Engineering
Use the search box below to get information about these courses
- Building Technology
- Industrial Maintenance Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
Here are the list of universities that offer Civil Engineering in Nigeria:
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- Akwa Ibom State University of Technology, Uyo
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Adeleke University Ede (AUE)
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO)
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Nigerian Army University Biu
- Covenant University Ota
- Cross River State University of Science & Technology, Calabar (CRUTECH)
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin
- Ekiti State University
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB)
- Gregory University, Uturu
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- Igbinedion University Okada
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Kano University of Science & Technology, Wudil (KUST)
- Kwara State University, Ilorin (KWASU)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Landmark University, Omu-Aran
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- Madonna University, Okija
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- University of Agriculture, Makurdi
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTY)
- Federal University of Technology, Minna
- Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna (NDA)
- Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU)
- Nile University of Nigeria, Abuja
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Ondo State University of Science and Technology Okitipupa (OSUSTECH)
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST)
- Michael Okpara University of Agricultural Umudike
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Uyo.