Last Updated on
Universities offering Medical Physics
So you want to study Medical Physics… This means you’re a Science student but do have what it takes? I mean, it is not enough to know the list of Nigerian Universities that offer Medical Physics. You also need to know the WAEC subject that you need to study Medical Physics as well as the JAMB subjects.
Do you? If no, use the search box below to know the subject combination you need to qualify and study Medical Physics in Nigeria. This the first steps toward studying Medical Physics in Nigeria universities. You will need other documents too for pre-screening and Matriculation screening.
Your JAMB score, Post UTME score and WAEC Grade will be calculated and the aggregate score is what determine if you qualify to study Medical Physics. Moreover, those who got their O level result in one sitting have a better chance of getting admission to study Medical Physics than those using two sittings.
Please note, Medical Physics course is only available in Post Graduate level in Nigeria. However, the Minister of Health in 2008 said that the Federal Government will soon introduce Medical Physics in tertiary institutions.
Prof Adewole said medical physicists are very important in cancer care and treatment and the federal government was also working to sustain the medical physicists’ residency programme as well as including it into the health care system by establishing a bill to regulate its practice.
According to namp, Medical Physics is the profession which applies physics principles to the diagnosis and treatment of human disease. Medical Physicists are highly qualiﬁed health professionals, with an advanced postgraduate university degree (Masters or Doctorate) and specialized clinical training in Radiotherapy, Diagnostic Radiology, Nuclear Medicine and/or Radiation Protection. Medical Physicists form part of comprehensive medical teams in radiation medicine.
The essential responsibility of the Medical Physicist’s clinical practice is to ensure safe and effective delivery of radiation to achieve a diagnostic or therapeutic goal as prescribed in patient care. Medical Physicists perform and supervise appropriate procedures necessary to achieve this objective.
Courses related to Medical Physics
Use the search box below to get information about these courses
- Nuclear Medicine
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Medical Biochemistry
These are the Universities that offer Medical Physics in Nigeria
- The University of Lagos
- Benue State University
- Obafemi Awolowo University
- University of Nigeria Nsukka
- Nasarawa State University
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University
- University of Benin
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- 23 List of Medical Courses in Nigeria Universities
- 21 Universities that offer Medical Laboratory Science in Nigeria
- 83 list of accredited Medical Schools in Nigeria in 2019
- 40 Universities that offers Medicine and Surgery in Nigeria
- 10 Universities that offer Veterinary in Nigeria
- Universities that offer Biomedical Engineering in Nigeria
- 31 Universities that offers Nursing in Nigeria
- 93 List of Approved Teaching Hospitals in Nigeria
- Complete List of Courses Offered by Ahmadu Bello University
- University of Ibadan (UI) released cut-off marks for 2019/2020