O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Wildlife Management 2024; including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities


CourseWildlife Management
QualificationB. Agric. (B.Sc. (Hons.) B. Tech. (Hons.) B. Agric. Tech.) DVM
Duration3 – 4 Years
SuitabilityScience students
Cut off mark180
EntranceNon Competitive
Related coursesWildlife Management related courses
Job AvailabilityLow and Competitive

You must be a science student to study Wildlife Management in Nigeria Universities, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level requirement.

In other words, the WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Special consideration (waivers) and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some student guide articles that will be of benefit to you. You can ignore.


WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Wildlife Management

The subjects needed to study Wildlife Management in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The required WAEC subject combination (O level requirement) for Wildlife Management must include:

  1. English Language
  2. Chemistry
  3. Biology/Agric Science
  4. Mathematics
  5. Physics/Geography/Economics
  6. A trade subject


JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Wildlife Management 

Knowing JAMB subjects for Wildlife Management is not enough. You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just a piece of advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree!..

These are JAMB UTME subject combinations (subjects to write in jamb) to study Wildlife Management

  1. Chemistry
  2. Biology/Agric
  3. Mathematics/ Physics

Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Wildlife Management
Two ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and Biology/Botany/Agric Science/Zoology/Physics

If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with this admission requirement that is the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider other Wildlife Management similar courses or take a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements.

You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad or within. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider

  • The Fees
  • The Distance
  • The Environment
  • The Degree Certificate
  • Vulnerability to Strike
  • Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
  • Academic Calendar

See useful guides on how to choose a course and university

This is the list of Universities offering Wildlife Management in Nigeria

For now, only Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN) offers Wildlife Management.

Cut-off Mark for Wildlife Management course

The cut-off mark for Wildlife Management 180. You can check these universities JAMB UTME cut off marks here. Wildlife Management is a good course and you can also check the top best Agricultural courses. This should not influence you. Follow your heart or seek my counsel.

Wildlife Management is how many years course and under which faculty?

Depending on your mode of entry, Wildlife Management is a three to four years course in Nigeria. According to JAMB, this course is under Faculty of Agriculture but may be under a different faculty in some universities.

Can a commercial or art student study Wildlife Management?

No! Wildlife Management is a science course and not suitable for commercial or art student. But if you have required subject combination in your O level result, you can go for it if that is the course you desire to study. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects during WAEC registration because your schools may go against it. The alternative way to write the required subjects combination for Wildlife Management is through GCE.

Where can I work with a Degree in Wildlife Management 
I believe you now know the subjects required to study Wildlife Management. I urge you to also find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read Fatherprada’s Career Guide – so that you can have knowledge on how the labour market operate after graduating. Career opportunities will be added when we revisit this page.

The SSCE O level and A-level subject needed to study Wildlife Management have been listed above but, some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course

What is Direct Entry Special Consideration (waiver) to study Wildlife Management
(i) University of Ibadan (UI) accepts HND (Upper Credit) into 200 level with exemption from the practical year programme and ND/NCE (Upper credit) into 100 level with full participation in practical year programme in Aquaculture & Fisheries, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Health and related fields. It also accepts A’ level in Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Science, Physics or Mathematics into 200 level with full participation in practical year programme.
(ii) Federal University of Technology, Akure accepts ND or Equivalent professional qualification at Upper credit level or ‘A’ level passes at one sittings in at least two of the following: Physics, Chemistry, Biology. Direct entry candidates must also meet the UTME requirement.
(iii) Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) – as in Agric Economics
(iv) Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN) accepts Two ‘A’ level credit passes in chemistry and one from Biology, Agriculture, Physics, Geography and Mathematics. (v) University of Agriculture, Makurdi accepts (a) ND and NCE certificates with minimum of credit in related fields is acceptable. Such candidates can be admitted at 200 level. (b) HND in Fisheries and Aquaculture with minimum of Lower Credit is acceptable. Such candidates can be admitted into 300 levels. (c) HSC or IJMB certificate accepted for 200 level. (d) in addition to (a and b) above, candidates must fulfill the o’ level requirement for undergraduate admission.
(vi) Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) as in Agric. Extension and Rural Development

What is WAEC, NECO, GCE, Special Consideration (Waiver) for Wildlife Management
(i) River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST) and Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU) accept a pass (P.7) in English Language.
(ii) Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) as in Agricultural Extension and Rural Development.
(iii) River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST) requires a pass in Physics.
(iv) University of Ibadan (UI) – The sixth subject for candidates presenting two O’ level results could be geography or Economics.
(v) Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) and University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) – As in Agric Economics.
(vi) Federal University of Technology, Akure requires a Credit in Physics and does not accept Geography and Economics.
(vii) River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST) – As in Agric Economics/Extension.
(viii) Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki same as in Soil Science
(ix) Federal University of Technology, Akure requires five (5) credits in WASSCE or GCE (O/L) or equivalent at a maximum of two (2) sittings in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science and Economics or Geography. At least a pass in Physics is required.
(x) Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN) requires five ‘O’ Level credit passes in the SSCE or its equivalent at not more than two sittings in addition to an acceptable credit pass in the UTME.
(xi) University of Agriculture, Makurdi requires At least five SSCE/NECO/ GCE O’ Level credits at not more than two sittings. – The five credits O’ Level shall include the following: – Credits in Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Science; Mathematics, English, and any other Science subject among Physics, Geography and Economics. Credit in Physics is not compulsory. A candidate with a pass in Mathematics but credit in Physics will be accepted. A candidate with a pass in Biology but credits (C5 and above) in Agric. Science will be accepted. A pass in English is also accepted.

Hey! Thanks for reading WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Wildlife Management – Under Agriculture. If you like what you just read, give us a follow on Twitter using the button below and if you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it using the buttons below. You can scroll down to see more articles that will interest you. 

Looking for something? Use the search box below.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *