This page contains 2022 WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Agricultural Science, including the List of Nigeria universities offering this course, A level requirements and much more
|Qualification||B. Agric. (B.Sc. (Hons.) B. Tech. (Hons.) B. Agric. Tech.) DVM|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
Is Agriculture a good course in Nigeria and what is the salary?
Yes, Agriculture is a good course in Nigeria with plenty of job roles to explore. There is no standard salary for any job in Nigeria. It depends on where you get the job. The salary range for people working in Nigeria in Agriculture, Food Industry is typically from 70,000 NGN to 3,000,000 NGN
An Agriculture degree is competitive and very popular amongst science students in secondary school. From our records, 45 Nigerian universities offer this degree course.
So while you are here to get information on the O level subject combination for Agriculture, we also expect you consider the total number of students currently studying Agriculture and the employment rate we will show you below so that you will know what you are up against when you choose to study this course.
We have some student guide articles that will be of benefit to you.
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online courses and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC Subject Combination For Agriculture
Remember, the requirement you’re about to read is also applicable to all o level examinations. (WAEC, NECO and GCE). We have painstakingly highlighted (in red) the core subjects on which you must obtain credit before you can gain admission. Any subject with blue colour means, a pass is allowed.
If however, you fail one of the core subjects, you should read through each university’s special requirements for this course below to see if there is a university that may accept another subject in lieu of the one you failed. The 9 WAEC/NECO/GCE subject combinations for Agriculture are:
- Civic Education
- Trade Subject
- Biology/Agricultural Science
- Geography/Further Mathematics
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same as the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Agriculture, don’t give up. You should consider other Agriculture similar courses or take a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and university
JAMB subject combination for Agriculture
For this degree, you are also required to register for 4 subjects and English is compulsory. More so, your JAMB score in addition to your POST UTME score will determine the cumulative score that the university will use to decide your candidacy for admission.
You should score 190 or above in JAMB to stand a better chance of gaining admission to study Agriculture. You can still gain admission if you score between 160-180 upward but you do not stand a chance with those who had scored higher. Try out JAMB Admission Simulator.
The 4 JAMB subject combination for Agriculture are:
- Biology/Agricultural Science
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Agriculture
Two A-level passes in Chemistry and one from Biology/Botany/Zoology/ Agric Science, Economics, Physics, Geography and Geology/Mathematics (Pure & Applied).
These are the list of Universities offering Agriculture in Nigeria
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Gregory University, Uturu
- University of Agriculture, Makurdi
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- Federal University, Dutse, Jigawa State (FUD)
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina
- The Federal University Gusau (FUGUS)
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State (FUWUKARI)
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State (FUKASHERE)
- Landmark University, Omu-Aran
- Michael Okpara University of Agricultural Umudike
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Plateau State University Bokkos (PLASU)
- River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- Kano University of Science & Technology, Wudil (KUST)
- Ekiti State University
- Bayero University, Kano
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Kebbi State University, Kebbi
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai (IBBU)
- Cross River State University of Science & Technology, Calabar (CRUTECH)
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin City
- Kogi State University Anyigba
- Adamawa State University Mubi (ADSU)
- Igbinedion University Okada
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- University of Uyo
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Crawford University Igbesa
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna (KASU)
- Kwara State University, Ilorin (KWASU)
- Wesley University of Science & Technology, Ondo
Can a commercial or art student study Agriculture Science
No! Agriculture is a science course and not suitable for commercial or art student. But if you have required subject combination in your O level result, you can go for it if that is the course you desire to study. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects during WAEC registration because your schools may go against it. The alternative way to write the required subjects combination for Agriculture is through GCE.
Is Agriculture a science or social science subject?
Many students ask me this question and this is my answer. Agriculture is a natural science subject. Want details? checkout what natural science courses is all about and get to know the courses under natural science.
Special Consideration (Waiver) for Agriculture Science
- University of Ibadan (UI) requires five credit passes including English Language, Biology,/Agric Sci, Chemistry, Mathematics and any one of Geography, Physics, and Economics
- Michael Okpara University of Agricultural Umudike accepts Five O’ level credit Passes in not more than two sittings to include: English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, or Agricultural Science and any other science subjects. It also requires at least a Pass in Physics. A Credit in Agricultural Science must be backed up with at least a Pass in Biology
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye, Ekiti State University and University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) accept a pass in Physics.
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU) accepts a pass in Maths if a candidate has credit in Physics and vice versa.
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria requires credits in Mathematics and Physics.
- University of Ibadan (UI), Ekiti State University and University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) require credit in Agric Science and at least a pass in Biology.
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK) and Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma accept a pass in ‘O’ level English language.
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU) may accept a pass in Maths if a candidate has credit in Physics and vice-versa.
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) accepts a pass in Physics.
- Tai Solarin University of Education Ijebu Ode (TASUED) requires O’ Level credit pass in Agriculture Science with at least a pass in Biology.
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin City requires at least a pass in Physics.
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria requires five ‘O’ level credit passes to include English Language, Biology/Agric Science, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Geography and Economics.
- Bayero University, Kano (BUK) requires five O’ Level Credit passes to include English Language, Biology/Agric Science, Chemistry and any one of Mathematics/Physics, Geography.
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State (FUWUKARI) requires five O’ level credit Passes in not more than two sittings to include: English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, or Agricultural Science and any of Physics, Geography and Economics.
- Kogi State University Anyigba requires five Credit passes at SSCE and/or GCE O/L in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science, Economics or any other Science/Social science subject and a pass in Physics. A Credit in Agricultural Science must be backed up with at least a pass in Biology.
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State requires credit pass in Physics and consideration can be given to candidates with credit pass in Mathematics and pass in Physics.
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo requires Five ‘O’ Level credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Agriculture Science, Physics/Geography, Home Economics/Food &Nutrition.
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State requires credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and Physics.
- Landmark University, Omu-Aran – Same as in Agricultural Economics
Further Reading on Agriculture Science Degree