Last Updated on
O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Aeronautical Engineering 2019/2020; including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities
|Qualification||B. Eng., B.Sc., B. Tech., B. Arc|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
|Cut off mark||varies|
|Related courses||Aeronautical Engineering related courses|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
You must be a science student to study Aeronautical Engineering in Nigeria Universities, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level requirement.
That is, the WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), s, Special consideration (waivers) and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Aeronautical Engineering
The subjects needed to study Aeronautical Engineering in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Aeronautical Engineering must include
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Aeronautical Engineering
Knowing JAMB subjects for Aeronautical Engineering is not enough. You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just a piece of advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND or Predegree.
These are JAMB UTME subject combinations (subjects to write in jamb) to study Aeronautical Engineering
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Aeronautical Engineering
(i) Two ‘A’ level passes from Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with this admission requirement that is the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider other Aeronautical Engineering similar courses or take a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar
I noticed some website claim that there are more than 10 universities offering this course. The information from these websites is not correct. For now, these are the list of Universities in Nigeria confirmed to offer Aeronautical Engineering course
- The Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO)
- Kwara State University, Ilorin (KWASU)
- Unilag don’t offer Aeronautical Engineering
Cut-off Mark for Aeronautical Engineering course
The cut-off mark for Aeronautical Engineering varies. You can check these universities JAMB UTME cut off marks here. Aeronautical Engineering is a good course and you can also check the top best engineering courses. This should not influence you. Follow your heart or seek my counsel.
Aeronautical Engineering is how many years course and under which faculty?
Depending on your mode of entry, Aeronautical Engineering is a three to four years course in Nigeria. According to JAMB, this course is under the Faculty of Agriculture but may be under a different faculty in some universities.
Can a commercial or art student study Aeronautical Engineering?
No! Aeronautical Engineering is a pure science course and not suitable for commercial or art student. But if you have required subject combination in your O level result, you can go for it if that is the course you desire to study. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects during WAEC registration because your schools may go against it. The alternative way to write the required subjects combination for Aeronautical Engineering is through GCE.
What Aeronautical Engineering course is all about
Aeronautical Engineering is not your everyday course. Students in this department are trained in areas like manufacturing and development of aircraft and missiles. An aeronautical engineer can also design, test and contribute to the development of advanced technologies in the field of defence and space science.
Aeronautical Engineering graduates have knowledge of aerodynamics, aerospace materials, structures, propulsion, flight mechanics, and stability and control. Aerospace engineers are responsible for the research, design and production of aircraft, spacecraft, aerospace equipment, satellites and missiles. They also develop new technologies in commercial aviation, defence systems, and space exploration.
In Nigeria aeronautical engineers are mostly employed by The Defense Ministry. You can also look for jobs available with the
- Civil Aviation Department
- National Aeronautical Laboratory
- Defense Research
A lot of job opportunities for aeronautical engineers are also available in countries like USA, France, UK and Germany. Therefore, aeronautical engineers from Nigeria as well as from all other parts of the world flock to these countries. As a student of Aeronautical Engineering, you will learn much of…
- Heat Transfer
- Aircraft Systems and Instruments
- Solid Mechanics
What does an Aeronautical Engineer do?
- Aeronautical engineers design, develop, test, and help manufacture commercial and military aircraft, missiles, and spacecraft.
- Work done by aerospace engineers has made such things as speedy mail delivery and moon travel possible.
- Aerospace Engineers are working to launch a space shuttle to reach the moon.
- Aeronautical engineers also develop and design extraordinary technologies such as supersonic jets, helicopters, space shuttles, satellites and rockets.
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Polymer Engineering
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Mechatronics Engineering
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Marine Engineering
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Automobile Engineering
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Mining Engineering
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination for Biomedical Engineering
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Materials Engineering
- Requirements to Study Mechanical / Production Engineering
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Production Engineering
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Gas Engineering