Last Updated on
This page contains 2019/2020 official WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Statistics, including the List of Nigeria Polytechnics Offering this Course, and much more
|Duration||ND 2 Years, HND 2 Years|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
On this page, I will guide you on the required O level subject combination to study Statistics. if you are a returning visitor, you can skip reading repetitive paragraphs.
You must be a science student with a good background Science subjects for you to study Statistics in Nigeria Polytechnics, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement.
That is the O level / WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into Nigeria Polytechnics. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Polytechnics, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Statistics
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Statistics in Nigeria polytechnics. This subject combination is also applicable to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Statistics must include:
Mathematics, a basic science and three other subjects chosen from the following: Economics, Geography, Government/History, Further Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science. English Language, Typewriting, credit passes in English Language and Physics are compulsory.
These listed subjects are compulsory for anyone writing WAEC and other O level examinations. I will advise you to include a Language in your O level subjects. For the record, if you are one of those students seeking admission into any polytechnics in Lagos State, Yoruba Language is compulsory for Statistics. So now that you know the compulsory O level subject requirement to study Statistics, let also look at JAMB UTME and Direct requirements.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Statistics
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions. Now I’m going to show you the compulsory JAMB subjects for Statistics that you must register (English must be included because it is compulsory even though it may not be listed among the JAMB subjects below), and I will honestly advise you to aim for a score of 150 so that you can easily gain admission into any Polytechnics. Read how to answer and pass JAMB once.
Please note– If Mathematics is not listed among the Jamb subject on this post, then Mathematics is not compulsory for this course. JAMB is not the only option to gain admission into Nigerian Universities to study Statistics. If you’re having troubles with JAMB UTME, maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination to study Statistics must include:
Any of the three: Economics/Commerce, History/Government, CRK/IRK, Mathematics
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same with the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Statistics, don’t give up. You should consider other Statistics similar courses or take a look College of Education related courses.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which Polytechnics to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and polytechnics
These are the list of Polytechnics offering Statistics:
- Abraham Adesanya Polytechnic, Ogun State Nigeria
- Abia State Polytechnic
- Abia State College of Health Sciences and Management Technology (ACHTECH)
- Abdul-Gusau Polytechnic, Zamfara State
- Akwa Ibom State College of Arts and Science (AKCAS)
- Auchi Polytechnic
- Benue State Poly, Benue State. (BEN-POLY)
- Bolmor Polytechnic, Ibadan
- Bayelsa State College of Arts and Science (BYCAS)
- Ibadan City Polytechnic
- Covenant Polytechnic
- Crown Polytechnic, Ekiti State
- Dorben Polytechnic
- FCAPT-Saadatu Rimi College of Education, Kumbotso
- Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
- Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechic, Unwana
- Federal Polytechnic, Bali
- Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi
- Federal Polytechnic, Bida
- Federal Polytechnic Damaturu, Yobe State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Ede, Osun State
- Federal Polytechnic, Yenagoa, Bayelsa State
- Polytechnic, Offa, Kwara State
- Federal Polytechnic, Idah Kogi State
- Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State
- Federal Polytechnic, Mubi, Adamawa State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Kaura/Namoda, Zamfara State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Nassarawa, Nassarawa State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, Imo State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Ile-Oluji, Ondo State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Anambra State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Ukana Akwa Ibom State
- Fidei Polytechnic, Benue State
- Global Polytechnic, Ondo State
- Grace Polytechnic, Lagos
- Heritage Polytechnic, Akwa Ibom State
- The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State (The Polytechnic, Ibadan)
- Igbajo Polytechnic, Osun State
- The Polytechnic, Igbo-Owu, Kwara State.
- Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo, Imo State
- Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu State (IMT-ENU)
- Interlink Polytechnic, Osun State
- Jigawa State Polytechnic
- Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY)
- Hussaini Adamu Federal Polytechnic, Jigawa State. (KAZAURE)
- Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja
- Kwara State Polytechnic
- Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu (LASPOTECH)
- Lens Polytechnic, Kwara State.
- Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY)
- Marist Polytechnic, Enugu State.
- NACABS Polytechnic, Akwanga
- Ogun State Institute of Technology (OGITECH)
- Delta State Polytechnic, Delta State.
- The Oke-Ogun Polytechnic
- Osun State Polytechnic (OSUNPOLY)
- Osun State College of Tech, Esa-Oke (OSUNTECH)
- Delta State Polytechnic, Otefe
- Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro
- Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin-Ladi
- Umar Ali Shinkafi Polytechnic, Sokoto
- The Polytechnic, Adoka, Benue State.
- Adamawa State Polytechnic
- Ramat Polytechnic
- Port Harcourt Polytechnic
- Kenule Beeson Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic, Rivers State
- RONIK Polytechnic, Lagos.
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Ondo State. (RUGIPO)
- Shaka Polytechnic. Edo State
- Sure Foundation Polytechnic, Akwa Ibom State
- Temple-Gate Polytechnic, Abia
- The Ibarapa Polytechnic, Eruwa,Oyo State. (TIPE)
- Tower Polytechnic Oyo State.
- Uyo City Polytechnic, Akwa Ibom State
- Valley View Polytechnic, Ohafia, Abia State
- Wolex Polytechnic Lagos.
- Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic Kebbi State.
- Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH)
- Niger State Polytechnic, Zungeru, Niger State
- Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY)
- Kano State Polytechnic
- Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH)
Can a commercial or art student study Statistics?
No! If you are a Commercial or an Art student, you cannot study Statistics at the polytechnic because it is a pure science course which need a good background on science subjects. To avoid discouragement, you can go for this course if you wish provided you have the required subjects combination in your O level result. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects to fit your desired course during WAEC registration because some schools may go against it.
Now I am confident that you know the compulsory subjects needed to study Statistics in polytechnics. But note this — Some Polytechnics may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for Statistics below if available.
Polytechnic Special Consideration/waiver for Statistics
a) Kwara State Polytechnic and Adamawa State Polytechnic require credit in one Science Subject.
b) The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State (The Polytechnic, Ibadan) accepts Credit passes in Economic/Commerce, Statistics and at least a Pass in English Language but does not accept History.
c) Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu State (IMT-ENU) does not insist on credit in Physics, and does not accept History, Commerce and Food & Nut. as subject for course requirements.
e) Abdul-Gusau Polytechnic, Zamfara State requires credit in English Language.
f) Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti requires an additional credit in a science subject.
g) FEDPONAS requires credits in Mathematics, a Social Sci. Subject, a basic Sci. subject and one other from the subjects listed in column 2 for Comp. Sci. Also a pass in English Language is required.
h) FEDPONAS requires Mathematics and any two of Economics, Geography, History/Government, Physics, Chemistry or Biology/Agricultural Science as UTME subjects.
i) Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH) requires credit in English Language, Mathematics and any of Physics, Chemistry, Economics/Commerce, Biology or Further Mathematics Physics, Chemistry, Geography, Economics, Biology/Agricultural Science, Commerce or Accounting, Government/History at not more than two sittings.
j) Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State requires credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, a basic science subject and two other subjects chosen from Economics/Commerce, Geography, Government/History, Further Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Agricultural Science as course requirement.
k) Igbajo Polytechnic, Osun State and Fidei Polytechnic, Benue State require five credit in Mathematics, Eng. Lang, Physics and any other two subjects from the following: Chemistry, Bio/Agric, Further Math, Technical Drawing at not more than two sittings.
(m) Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, Imo State. accepts Chemistry or Biology in place of Physics. Also does not accept Commerce and Government as UTME subjects.
(o)Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Ondo State. (RUGIPO) requires Mathematics and any two of Geography, Physics, Economics and Chemistry as UTME subject combination.
(p)KWAPOLY accepts Statistics as course requirement.
(q)Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Ondo State. (RUGIPO) accepts a pass in English Language.
(r) Federal Polytechnic, Ede, Osun State requires credit in one Science Subject and does not accept Typewriting.
(s) Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechic, Unwana accepts Mathematics and any two of Further Mathematics or Additional Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science, Economics or Geography or Commerce.
(t) Fed. Polytechnic, Offa, Kwara State requires Mathematics as UTME subject and any two other from Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science, Economics/ Geography/Commerce/Government.
(u)Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi accepts Mathematics as core UTME subject plus any three of Economics/Commerce/Government, and any Science subject.
(v) Osun State Polytechnic, Iree requires credit pass in one basic Science subject.
(w) FEDANIM-IBD requires credit passes in Mathematics, English Language, Physics and any other two from Economics, Geography, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science.
(x) FECOFOR-JOS – Same as in Computer Science.
(y) Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY) accepts four credits at not more than two sittings to include Mathematics with at least a pass in English language. English Language is not counted as required credit pass.
(z) Akwa Ibom State College of Arts and Science (AKCAS) requires credit passes in Mathematics, Physics/Chemistry and any other two subjects from Biology/Agricultural Science, Further Mathematics, Statistics, Technical Drawing, Physics, Chemistry and a pass in English Language.
a) Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State requires Mathematics, a basic science subject and any other subjects chosen from Economics/Commerce, Government/History, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Agricultural Science.
b) Federal Polytechnic, Kaura/Namoda, Zamfara State. also accepts Physics and Chemistry.
c) Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY) accepts Mathematics and any two from Social or Physical Sciences.
d) FEDANIM-IBD requires Mathematics and any two from Geography, Physics, Economics and Chemistry.
e) FECOFOR-JOS – Same as in Computer Science.
f) Kenule Beeson Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic, Rivers State accepts Physics.
g) Akwa-Ibom State Polytechnic (AKPOLY) accepts Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Economics or any order subjects.
h) Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu State (IMT-ENU) accepts Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Agricultural Science.
i) Federal Polytechnic Damaturu, Yobe State. accepts Physics, Chemistry/Biology, and Principles of Accounting.
j) Federal Polytechnic, Ede, Osun State requires Mathematics and any two of Economics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science.
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- 28 Polytechnics offering Food Technology and requirements
- 54 Polytechnic offering Agricultural Technology and requirements
- 34 Polytechnics offering Surveying and Geoinformatics and requirement
- 40 Polytechnics offering Urban and Regional Planning and requirements
- 26 Polytechnics offering Animal Health and Production Technology and requirements
- 19 Polytechnics offering Forestry Technology and requirements
- 28 Polytechnics offering Hospitality Management and requirements
- 89 Polytechnics offering Business Administration and Management and requirements
- 34 Polytechnics offering Agricultural Engineering/Technology and requirements
- 75 Polytechnics offering Science Laboratory Technology and requirements