The ultimate list of Art courses for students in Art department
Are you an art student in secondary school who is still busy with the thoughts of which best art degree course you can study in Nigeria? Or perhaps you have left secondary school for a while and now, you want to seek admission to study an art degree course at the university; I mean, courses under Art department.
I have compiled 92 lists of pure art courses you can study as a student of art department in Nigeria with access to Admission requirements. This means the subjects you need to have in your O level (WAEC, NECO, GCE) result to study these art courses. Use the search box below the list to search for each pure art course subject combination.
If you’re an art student, you are automatically an art and humanities student and you should study an art degree course except in rare cases where you choose to switch to a different course outside art and humanities subjects. In case you don’t know, there are 2 faculties in the university where Art subjects are taught. They include the Faculty of Law and Faculty of Art/Humanities. Ah! I guess you don’t that.
Moreover, if you have a keen interest in social science (commercial) degree courses, nothing stops you from studying any Commercial courses in Nigerian universities. The only difference between the Commercial subject and Art subjects is Account, Commerce and Literature in English.
Besides, your department in secondary school does not determine what you will study in the university. So long you have the right subject combination for the course you wish to study. It’s a long list of simple art courses and sophisticated ones.
I assume you may have had an idea of what you wish to study but yet, I urge you to go through this list carefully – I bet you may change your mind. So take your time… and make the right choice… You can click on each degree course to see the subject combinations.
With the subject combinations below, you can study almost any Art degree courses listed here. Aside from Mathematics and English, the two subjects in bold is a must if you wish to study any Art courses. No university even accept D7 or E8 in these subjects. Civic and Trade subject is not a must. Even if you fail Civic Education and Trade subject, you will still be given admission if have you have 5 credits in the required subjects.
- English Language
- Civic Education
- Literature in English Language
- Yoruba or Igbo or Hausa
- A trade subject
It is important you click on your preferred course to see the subject combinations for WAEC, NECO, GCE and JAMB UTME. A wrong subject combination may deny you admission. Subject combinations are the core subjects you must write and pass at your O level before any higher institutions in Nigeria can give you admission.
Check this out: 188 List of Career Opportunities in Art Department 😀
This is the list of Art courses for Art students in Nigeria
Click on your preferred course to know the subject combinations!!!
- Arabic and Islamic Studies
- Arabic Language
- Arabic Language and Literature
- Arabic Studies
- Christian Religious Knowledge/Studies
- Christian Studies
- Civil Law
- Classical Studies
- Common Law
- Communication and Language Arts
- Communication Arts
- Communication Studies
- Comparative Religious Studies
- Creative and Visual Arts
- Creative Arts
- Criminology and Securities Studies
- Drama/Dramatic/Performing Art
- Economics and Development Studies
- Efik Ibibio
- English and International Studies
- English and Literary Studies
- English Language
- English Language and Communication Studies
- English Language and Literature
- English Studies
- European and Nigerian Languages
- Fine Art / Fine and Applied Arts
- Fine Art and Design
- French and International Relation
- French, German or Russian
- German Combined with French and Russia
- History and Archaeology
- History and Diplomacy
- History and Diplomatic Studies
- History and International Relation
- History and International Studies
- History and Strategic Studies
- International Studies and Diplomacy
- Islamic Studies
- Islamic/Sharia Law
- Languages and Linguistics
- Languages and Literature
- Linguistics and African Languages
- Linguistics, Igbo and other African Languages
- Literature In English Language
- Mass Communication
- Modern Languages
- Nigerian Languages
- Performing Arts
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Political Science
- Political Science and Conflict Resolution -Under Art
- Portuguese / English
- Private and Islamic Law
- Public and Private International Law
- Religious and Cultural Studies
- Religious and Human Relations
- Religious Studies
- Russia with French / German
- Sociology and Anthropology
- Theatre Arts
- Theatre and Film Studies
- Theatre and Media Arts
- Yoruba and Communication Arts
If you still do not know what to study? request for counselling here
Fortunately, we have extra information on these listed degree courses. such as Career Opportunities, Related Courses and 100, 200, 300 and 400 subjects you will study within these courses. How do you find this extra information? Goto Fatherprada Homepage and use the search option.
For example, if you need extra information such as a career opportunity for a Mass Communication degree, just type a career opportunity on Mass Communication on the search box.
Now you know the Art degree courses available to you. Like I mentioned earlier, this list is a mixture of Law and Art and Humanities degree courses. Make sure you choose what you desire and don’t be influenced by friends and family. If you want to know more about Art and Humanities courses you can read more about it here If you’re looking for the list of Art subjects in WAEC or JAMB click here.