Last Updated on
This page contains 2019/2020 official WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Agricultural Engineering/Technology, including the List of Nigeria Polytechnics Offering this Course, and much more
|Duration||ND 2 Years, HND 2 Years|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
On this page, I will guide you on the required O level subject combination to study Agricultural Engineering/Technology. if you are a returning visitor, you can skip reading repetitive paragraphs.
You must be a science student with a good background Science subjects for you to study Agricultural Engineering/Technology in Nigeria Polytechnics, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement.
That is the O level / WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into Nigeria Polytechnics. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Polytechnics, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Agricultural Engineering/Technology
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Agricultural Engineering/Technology in Nigeria polytechnics. This subject combination is also applicable to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Agricultural Engineering/Technology must include:
Mathematics, English Language, Physics and any two of the following: Biology/Agricultural Science Chemistry Technical Drawing Basic Electronics/Basic Electricity Auto Mechanics Metal Work Further Mathematics Food and Nutrition Geography
These listed subjects are compulsory for anyone writing WAEC and other O level examinations. I will advise you to include a Language in your O level subjects. For the record, if you are one of those students seeking admission into any polytechnics in Lagos State, Yoruba Language is compulsory for Agricultural Engineering/Technology. So now that you know the compulsory O level subject requirement to study Agricultural Engineering/Technology, let also look at JAMB UTME and Direct requirements.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Agricultural Engineering/Technology
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions. Now I’m going to show you the compulsory JAMB subjects for Agricultural Engineering/Technology that you must register (English must be included because it is compulsory even though it may not be listed among the JAMB subjects below), and I will honestly advise you to aim for a score of 150 so that you can easily gain admission into any Polytechnics. Read how to answer and pass JAMB once.
Please note– If Mathematics is not listed among the Jamb subject on this post, then Mathematics is not compulsory for this course. JAMB is not the only option to gain admission into Nigerian Universities to study Agricultural Engineering/Technology. If you’re having troubles with JAMB UTME, maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination to study Agricultural Engineering/Technology must include:
- Physics/Technical Drawing
- Chemistry or any two Science subjects.
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same with the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Agricultural Engineering/Technology, don’t give up. You should consider other Agricultural Engineering/Technology similar courses or take a look College of Education related courses.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which Polytechnics to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and polytechnics
These are the list of Polytechnics offering Agricultural Engineering/Technology:
- Audu Bako College of Agriculture, Kano
- Plateau State College of Agriculture
- College of Agriculture, Jalingo
- College of Agriculture Lafia, Nassarawa State
- Akperan Orshi College of Agriculture, Yandev Benue State.
- Samaru College of Agriculture, Zaria
- College of Agriculture, Kebbi State
- Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
- Federal Polytechnic, Bida
- Federal Polytechnic, Mubi, Adamawa State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Nassarawa, Nassarawa State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, Imo State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Anambra State.
- Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi
- The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State (The Polytechnic, Ibadan)
- Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo, Imo State
- Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu State (IMT-ENU)
- Hassan Usman Katsina Poly, Katsina State.
- Kwara State Polytechnic
- Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu (LASPOTECH)
- Mahammed Lawan College of Agriculture, Maiduguri, Borno State
- Delta State Polytechnic, Delta State.
- Oyo State College of Agriculture and Technology, Oyo State
- Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro
- Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin-Ladi
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Ondo State. (RUGIPO)
- Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic Kebbi State.
Can a commercial or art student study Agricultural Engineering/Technology?
No! If you are a Commercial or an Art student, you cannot study Agricultural Engineering/Technology at the polytechnic because it is a pure science course which need a good background on science subjects. To avoid discouragement, you can go for this course if you wish provided you have the required subjects combination in your O level result. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects to fit your desired course during WAEC registration because some schools may go against it.
Now I am confident that you know the compulsory subjects needed to study Agricultural Engineering/Technology in polytechnics. But note this — Some Polytechnics may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for Agricultural Engineering/Technology below if available.
Polytechnic Special Consideration/waiver for Agricultural Engineering/Technology
a) Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti accepts credit in either Economics, Chemistry, T/Drawing or Geography
b) GIWAPOLY requires pass in Chemistry.
c) Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu State (IMT-ENU) accepts Agricultural Science as UTME subject.
d) Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY) requires Mathematics, Physics and any other subject from Biology/Agricultural Science or Chemistry as UTME subjects.
e) Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna (KAD-POLY) requires credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any one of Biology/Agricultural Science, Technical Drawing, Basic Electronics, Auto Mechanics, Metal Work, Further Mathematics, Geography, Economics, Commerce, Food and Nutrition. At least a pass in Chemistry and Biology, Agricultural Science are necessary as course requirement.
f) The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State (The Polytechnic, Ibadan) requires credit passes in Mathematics and Physics and at least a Pass in English Language.
g) Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro requires Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Chemistry as UTME subjects.
h) FEDAGRIC-AKR accepts four (4) credit passes in NBTE recognised Pre-ND courses offered in a Polytechnic or similar Post-Secondary institutions. The four (4) credit passes must be from the subjects specified in Course Requirement Column above.
i) FCLT-OWER requires at least a pass in English Language and Chemistry.
j) Ramat Polytechnic same as in Architectural Technology
k) FEDAGRIC-IBD requires at least a pass in English Language as well as credit passes in Geography/Economics.
l) KWAPOLY accepts a pass in Chemistry. Accepts Credit Passes in Economics, Introduction to Agric. Science, Material / Workshop / Machininig / Tractor Layout, Power Unit, Under Carriages and Auto Electricity, Transmission System, Implements and Machines General Wood Work, Building/ Engineering Drawing, Principle of Crop Husbandry and Land Use, Materials and Workshop Processes, Construction and Maintenance of Agric. Machines as requirements for Agric. Engineering Technology.
m) Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Ondo State. (RUGIPO) accepts a pass in English Language.
n) Federal Polytechnic, Owerri, Imo State. accepts a pass in English Language and Chemistry.
o) Federal Polytechnic, Mubi, Adamawa State. – At least a pass in Chemistry and Biology/Agricultural Science are necessary.
p) FED POLY BAUCHI: requires Mathematics, Physics, and any two of T/drawing, chemistry or two science subjects.
q) Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo, Imo State requires Five (5) credit passes in Mathematics, English Language and Physics as well as in Chemistry and Agricultural Science/Biology.
r) The Oke-Ogun Polytechnic requires credit passes in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as course requirement. Requires Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as UTME subjects.
s) Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State (YABATECH) requires credit passes in Chemistry and Biology/Agricultural Science as the fourth and fifth subjects. Requires Mathematics, Physics and Biology/Agricultural Science as UTME subjects.
t) Akperan Orshi College of Agriculture, Yandev Benue State. requires Mathematics, Physics and any other Science subject as UTME subjects.
u) Osun State Polytechnic, Iree accepts credit passes in Civic Education/Government, Agricultural Science/Biology/Animal Husbandry, Welding/Auto Part Merchandizing, and Computer Studies/ICT/Data Processing.
v) Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu (LASPOTECH) requires Mathematics and any two of Physics/Chemistry and Fine Art/Geography
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- 9 Polytechnics offering Agricultural and Bio-Environmental Engineering/Technology and requirements
- 10 Polytechnics offering Chemical Engineering Technology and requirements
- 7 Polytechnics offering Mechatronics Engineering Technology and requirements
- 19 Polytechnics offering Forestry Technology and requirements
- 50 Polytechnics offering Mechanical Engineering Technology and requirements
- 54 Polytechnic offering Agricultural Technology and requirements
- 8 Polytechnics offering Metallurgical Engineering Technology
- 1 Polytechnics offering Industrial Maintenance Engineering Technology
- 49 Polytechnics offering Civil Engineering Technology and requirements
- 7 Polytechnics offering Mineral Resources Engineering Technology