Is Minecraft Education Edition free? this is a question asked by many educators around the world who have heard of how Minecraft Education Edition engages students across subjects and bring abstract concepts to life. Minecraft Education Edition is arguably one of the best non-violent, educational games.
This popular learning-based sandbox game teaches students to learn creatively. Minecraft helps teachers and educators promote problem-solving, collaboration, and creativity through an engaging digital environment. This specific version of the game comes with plenty of innovative features for classroom use.
Most of these help teachers with documentation work while fostering a safe environment for students to learn. When you download Minecraft Education Edition, it offers support for community forums, lesson plans, and even a My Classroom feature.
Is Minecraft Education Edition Free?
Unfortunately Minecraft: Education Edition is not free. If you are new to Minecraft Education Edition and you would love to have an overview, demonstrate and evaluate the game, you can do that through the trial version or through the demo lesson.
The trial version of Minecraft Education Edition is available for anyone to try for free and will run for a limited number of login access before it stops working. The free trial is fully functional and contains all the features of the paid version. The trial is compatible with Code Connection and Classroom Mode.
The free trial is limited by the number of logins (25 for teachers with an Office 365 Education account and 10 for all other users) before a paid license is required to continue playing. The idea behind this concept is that the user gets a chance to try it out and then decide whether he or she would like to buy its full version.
Start the free trial
If you have an Office 365 Education account or a Microsoft 365 account, follow these steps to start the free trial.
- From the Get Minecraft: Education Edition download page, select the version of Minecraft: Education Edition to download that is compatible with your device.
- Install the version of Minecraft: Education Edition that you downloaded.
- Launch and sign into Minecraft: Education Edition with your Office 365 Education account information (this may be your school email) or with your Microsoft 365 account information.
- If you have a valid account, you can sign into Minecraft: Education Edition and can begin playing.
- If you do not have a valid account, you cannot sign in and cannot use the free trial. To try Minecraft: Education Edition for free, check out the instructions on trying a demo lesson.