Last Updated on
Universities offering Social Work
So you want to study Social Work… This means you’re a Commercial student but do have what it takes? I mean, it is not enough to know the list of Nigerian Universities that offers Social Work. You also need to know the WAEC subject that you need to study Social Work as well as the JAMB subjects.
Do you? If no, use the search box below to know the subject combination you need to qualify and study Social Work in Nigeria. This the first steps toward studying Social Work in Nigeria universities. You will need other documents too for pre-screening and Matriculation screening.
Your JAMB score, Post UTME score and WAEC Grade will be calculated and the aggregate score is what determine if you qualify to study Social Work. Moreover, those who got their O level result in one sitting have a better chance of getting admission to study Social Work than those using two sittings.
Do you know that Social Work is one of the most popular courses in Nigeria and very competitive in the university? Competitiveness means many students want to gain admission to study this course.
Once a course is competitive, it simply means certain measures are put in place to make sure they limit the number of students they can admit. Such limitation includes high jamb cut off mark, a limited number of admissible students, strict subject combinations etc.
But what is so special about this course… Let me give you a little info about Social Work before you go through the list of universities that offers Social Work in Nigeria.
Social workers are found all around society. A degree here opens up the chance to work in public agencies, private businesses, hospitals, clinics, schools, nursing homes, police departments, courts and more. Social work can open up areas of real power in a career. Social workers serve in government and education. Whether it’s this, or you’re offering personal therapy, you will change lives. Hopefully for the better.
Social work degree course combines traditional social work skills with the broader issues of social policy and social planning, providing expertise not just in the delivery of social services but also in the planning, development and monitoring of programs, which are appropriate to current social conditions. The program comprises professional studies with an applied orientation.
You also ought to know which Faculty this Social Work course belongs to in the university. Social Work course can be studied under diifferent Faculties. Same course but a different approach. Below is a comprehensive list of higher institutions in Nigeria that offers Social Work. If there is a university not listed, please indicate by leaving a comment.
Courses related to Social Work
Use the search box below to get information about these courses
- Human Resources Management
- Industrial and Labour Relations
- Business Administration
- Secretarial Administration
- Public Administration
Here are the list of universities that offers Social Work in Nigeria:
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State (FULAFIA)
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Nigeria Police Academy Wudil
- Redeemer’s University, Mowe
- The University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- The University of Ibadan (UI)
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- Universities that offer Speech Therapy in South Africa
- 40 universities that offers Psychology in Nigeria
- 4 Universities that offers Archaeology in Nigeria
- 35 Universities that offers Business Administration in Nigeria
- 61 Universities that offers Public Administration in Nigeria
- 42 Universities that offers Law in Nigeria
- 21 Courses offered in Nigerian Police Academy and other info
- 6 Universities that offers Building Technology in Nigeria
- 8 Universities that offers Information Technology in Nigeria
- 5 Universities that offers Fine Art in Nigeria