Last Updated on
Universities offering Marine Engineering
So you want to study Marine Engineering… This means you’re a Science student but do have what it takes? I mean, it is not enough to know the list of Nigerian Universities that offer Marine Engineering. You also need to know the WAEC subject that you need to study Marine Engineering as well as the JAMB subjects.
Do you? If no, use the search box below to know the subject combination you need to qualify and study Marine Engineering in Nigeria. This the first steps toward studying Marine Engineering in Nigeria universities. You will need other documents too for pre-screening and Matriculation screening.
Your JAMB score, Post UTME score and WAEC Grade will be calculated and the aggregate score is what determine if you qualify to study Marine Engineering. Moreover, those who got their O level result in one sitting have a better chance of getting admission to study Marine Engineering than those using two sittings.
Do you know that Marine Engineering is one of the most popular courses in Nigeria and very competitive in university? Competitiveness means many students want to gain admission to study this course.
Once a course is competitive, it simply means certain measures are put in place to make sure they limit the number of students they can admit. Such limitation includes high jamb cut off mark, a limited number of admissible students, strict subject combinations etc.
But what is so special about this course… Let me give you a little info about Marine Engineering before you go through the list of state, federal and private universities in Nigeria that offers Marine Engineering.
Marine engineering is a branch of Engineering that deals with nautical architecture and science. The term ‘Marine Engineering’ is meant for research conducted in oceans and coastal or inland waters connected to the sea. Marine Engineering courses deal with construction and maintenance of ships and other sailing vessels.
Marine Engineers have the complete responsibility of the ship’s technical management. They are responsible for selecting the ships’ machinery, which may include diesel engines, steam turbines, gas turbines; and for the design of mechanical, electrical, fluid and control systems throughout the vessel. They are the members of a ship’s crew who are in charge for managing a team of marine technicians and craftspeople.
Below is a comprehensive list of state, federal and private universities in Nigeria that offers Marine Engineering. If there is a university not listed, please indicate by leaving a comment.
Courses related to Marine Engineering
Use the search box below to get information about these courses
- Marine Biology
- Marine Science and Technology
- Boat and Ship Building Engineering Technology
- Building Technology and subjects
- Civil Engineering
Here are the list of universities that offer Marine Engineering in Nigeria:
- Akwa Ibom State University of Technology, Uyo
- River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST)
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU)
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- 23 Universities that offer Computer Engineering in Nigeria
- 4 Universities that offer Telecommunication Engineering in Nigeria
- 14 Universities that offer Petroleum Engineering in Nigeria
- 13 Universities that offers Fisheries and Aquaculture in Nigeria
- 9 Universities that offer Food Science and Technology in Nigeria
- 6 Universities that offers Building Technology in Nigeria
- 47 Universities that offer Civil Engineering in Nigeria
- Universities that offer Biomedical Engineering in Nigeria
- 59 Universities that offer Office Technology and Management in Nigeria
- 40 List of Less Competitive Courses in Nigeria